WAG requierements for new L6 and L7-confused

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

T

twistingmia

I am just a tumbler so I have no idea about the Levels in the USAG program!

I thought about switching to gymnastics for 2 years already and since I recently moved town, there now is a gym near where I live and I could really do it!

As I already have some prior experience in tumbling, I hope I could progress quite fast.

I am a little confused with the Level requirements now, because when I search for L6 or L7 skills, all I get is "5 A skills, 1 B skill" etc, but not exact routines or skills like in compulsory levels!

So here are my questions:

Can you tell me the required skills on each event, the strength requirements (approx.), and the amount of hours of training for L5, L6 and L7?

My daughter competed a half of a season at both. You'll get a thousand different answers for amount of hours and strength but I can give you skills that I'm familiar with.

Vault: both levels did a FHS vault
Bars: most L6s didn't do giants; most L7s did do giants.
Beam: most L6s did cartwheels/backwalkovers with no flight. most L7s did BHS for flight and then a BWO for acro. Some L7s combined and did BWO-BHS. My DD did a handstand BHS for her series
Floor: most L6s did a BHS BT (but a lot of BLOs too) and a FHS FT. Most L7s did a BHS BLO and FHS FP or FHS FLO.

L6 has a LOT of variation which was really cool to see. I loved our L6 time!

Also, if you have not competed USAG you would need to score out of L4 and L5 to be eligible to compete L6 or L7 or get a special exception by the coach sending a video of your skills if you are over 14. If you have xcel in your area that would be an option too, especially because you could compete more advanced skills on floor and less advanced on bars.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back