WAG Rips

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Warm tea bag, soak the bag it in warm water, squeeze out most of the liquid and put it on the rip for about 15 minutes. Afterwards put on some Vaseline, or aquaphor. Make sure to put on Vaseline at bedtime and put a sock on the hand to protect it.

This is going to sound a bit disturbing, but hemroid cream helps a lot. Put it (unused) directly on the rip and put either band aids or a sock over it, since it would be uncovered. During the day, for pain, I would recommend neosporin and band aids.

This is going to sound a bit disturbing, but hemroid cream helps a lot. Put it (unused) directly on the rip and put either band aids or a sock over it, since it would be uncovered. During the day, for pain, I would recommend neosporin and band aids.

That is what we do today. Works fairly well, just never looked at any alternatives.

If you're into Doterra essential oils, my dd likes to put Melaleuca oil (neat--not blended with anything) on hers. She cuts off excess skin, then applies the Melaleuca, then later she'll apply Hand-e-balm or Joshua Tree balm.

For preventing rips, make sure she uses a pumice stone and keeps callus build up under control. You want calluses, but not out of control build up

DD has been working extra hard and has come up with several rips recently.

We tore the skin off instead of cutting (she did it herself). Tea bags overnight to create a scab. This stained the rips, so they look kind of gross. Vitamin E oil at bedtime. Once they heal some, we'll get her a pumice stone for gentle maintenance of the calluses. Also looking into the spray-on liquid bandage.

I'm trying to do this economically and not spend a ton on anything!

Sorry I was testing that
Wet a tea bag lay it on your rip make a fist and hold for about a minute
Rubbing extra chalk in those spots works for me
Small beginner grips can also help.

We also do tea bags and then a little Joshua tree salve and it's usually substantially better the next day

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back