WAG Rock Tape? Plantar fasciitis

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

2G1B

Proud Parent
My 9 year old DD has occasional flare ups with plantar fasciitis. I had ordered the x brace; but the order never seemed to go through and I gave up (I e-mailed asking for help and never got a response - even after a few e-mails). It is never so bad that she has to take time off of practice; but it is enough that she stops for a minute or two and I don't want it to get worse. At this point we just do massage for it.

I have a friend who does crossfit and she just posted about the wonders of rock tape. I looked it up and the site says it can be used for plantar fasciitis. Has anyone tried this with success?

ugh, I jinxed her. Here I said it wasn't that bad and now she woke up with it hurting today.

I use tape for pink and fluffys knee when it pkays up (upon advice of pt) and have also used it on myself for rotator cuff damage. I ordered mine from Amazon and used a generic copy ( levasol tape I think) as the branded stuff cost a fairbit. I buy it on a roll and cut to size. We have pink for training and beige for comps. Youtube has some great application videos.

Sent from my CnM Touchpad 9.7 using ChalkBucket mobile app

Try KT tape. If you go to KT tape pro (google it) there is a video showing you exactly how to tape it.

The x brace will help a lot too. Go to amazon to order it.

If it is pretty bad I would suggest PT for her. They will also show her preventative things to help her maintenance routine.

are the x braces maybe not made anymore? I have been searching all over Amazon and can't find them and like I said, my order never went through on the website and I didn't get a response from my e-mails...

Rock Tape is K-Tape.

The thing about tape, especially traditional tape, is that it loosens up over time. So it eventually needs to be retaped and will only work for so long to keep things extremely supported.

Tape use will also be very expensive because of how much you consume.

If you can find a brace that is very tight and snug, it's a lot better solution.

Plantar fasciitis and taping

Has anyone tried this with success?

I had plantar fasciitis myself and I used taping to treat it. It was the best treatment for me.
There are two kinds of tapes:
  • Rigid athletic tape.
  • flexible kinesio tape.
Rock tape is a brand name of kinesio tape.
I used the old fashioned athletic tape.
You can find some good info on taping for plantar fasciitis in: [url]http://www.plantar-fasciitis-elrofeet.com/plantar_fasciitis_taping.html[/URL] They also have an amazon.com store for plantar fasciitis in there.
You can find much more info on YouTube by searching Plantar fasciitis taping.
Good luck

are the x braces maybe not made anymore? I have been searching all over Amazon and can't find them and like I said, my order never went through on the website and I didn't get a response from my e-mails...

That's weird, they seem to be out of stock everywhere. I hope it is only temporary as my DD uses these.

My daughter uses KT tape for arch support on both her feet at every practice and competition, after a bout of plantar fasciitis. We have found that the cotton version (not the all-synthetic) is much more supportive, and slightly less expensive than the newer synthetic version. It also stays on better, as sweaty feet tend to loose their hold onto tape easily.

You might also want to look into having a PT eval to see if there are any lower body biomechanics that could be a root cause of the plantar fascitis. My daughter has quite pronated (flat) feet, which is the cause of hers, and she wears orthotics in her shoes while not at practice.

Wearing supportive shoes while not at practice can be a great help, too- no flip flops, Uggs, etc. It's a fashion and summer comfort pain, but can really help those arches out!

Good luck- I hope she feels better soon!

You might also want to look into having a PT eval to see if there are any lower body biomechanics that could be a root cause of the plantar fascitis. My daughter has quite pronated (flat) feet, which is the cause of hers, and she wears orthotics in her shoes while not at practice.

I second this idea, plus there are exercises that PTs can teach to strengthen the feet, etc.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back