WAG Same girl, multiple different usag numbers

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Ellen Jean

Proud Parent
is there a reason why someone would register several different usag#s to the same girl? When I look up our team results over the year she is registered in one meet with one number and another meet a different number in the same season. When I look further she actually has 4 different numbers she has used at our gym over the last two years. Is this a mix up if some sort or is their a reason I'm missing. Thanks.

She should only have 1 USAG number. Around here, I don't see meets publishing USAG numbers. Are you sure the numbers you are looking at aren't just the numbers assigned at the meet (their registration number)? USAG usually has pretty good controls in place to prevent multiple numbers. However, if she truly has more than 1 USAG number her parents (or gym rep) should call USAG member services and get it fixed.

Does she have an unusual or shortened name? I'm the only person I ever heard of with 2 British Gymnastics numbers and that's because I go by my middle name. When I got registered as a kid, they didn't even know that I had a different first name and I got registered as Lucy. Later, when I became a coach and bought a new membership, I used my official name (not knowing that my old membership had been done on my middle name) and ended up with 2 BG numbers. I didn't even know until I tried to book another coach course and was told that my membership expired when I was 8!

Do you have a club administrator account for your club? That is the only way you could see her USAG number.

I don't actually see the number. What I am seeing is on mymeetscores.com. She is listed 4 different times, 2 different variations of her name. No one else at our gym has this number of duplicates on this site. Is it possible it is the same number? Just listed under different names??? Although it is really only 2 different names. One is the exact same spelling, same gym, but some of the season is under one name and the other part of the season is under the other name. Just seems weird so I thought maybe there was a logical reason for this.

Mymeetscores has NOTHING to do with USA Gymnastics. Lots of girls are on there multiple times for different reasons - none of which have to do with their USA Gymnastics number.

She should only have 1 USAG number. Around here, I don't see meets publishing USAG numbers. Are you sure the numbers you are looking at aren't just the numbers assigned at the meet (their registration number)? USAG usually has pretty good controls in place to prevent multiple numbers. However, if she truly has more than 1 USAG number her parents (or gym rep) should call USAG member services and get it fixed.

yes, this ^^^they only have 1 number from the time they enter the system until they leave the system.

I don't actually see the number. What I am seeing is on mymeetscores.com. She is listed 4 different times, 2 different variations of her name. No one else at our gym has this number of duplicates on this site. Is it possible it is the same number? Just listed under different names??? Although it is really only 2 different names. One is the exact same spelling, same gym, but some of the season is under one name and the other part of the season is under the other name. Just seems weird so I thought maybe there was a logical reason for this.

This happens all the time with fairly common names or kids who use nicknames. What happens is when the gym (usually a parent volunteer fills it out) registers for a meet, they send a roster to the meet which is used to create the score sheet in the software. Sometimes the person filling out the sheet might put "Susan Jones." Then on another meet roster "Susie Jones." Then another is filled out "Susy Jones." Each time they give Susie's correct number, and when creating the score sheet the person at the host gym simply inputs the name given on the roster. Then this score sheet is directly uploaded by the meet result websites.

Also, with very common names ("Grace Smith") sometimes results get incorrectly attributed to a certain listing link. Also, in my state for instance there are two gyms with the same name, when you go to either of their gym pages on MMS there are results and names incorrectly attributed to either gym.

O
This happens all the time with fairly common names or kids who use nicknames. What happens is when the gym (usually a parent volunteer fills it out) registers for a meet, they send a roster to the meet which is used to create the score sheet in the software. Sometimes the person filling out the sheet might put "Susan Jones." Then on another meet roster "Susie Jones." Then another is filled out "Susy Jones." Each time they give Susie's correct number, and when creating the score sheet the person at the host gym simply inputs the name given on the roster. Then this score sheet is directly uploaded by the meet result websites.

Also, with very common names ("Grace Smith") sometimes results get incorrectly attributed to a certain listing link. Also, in my state for instance there are two gyms with the same name, when you go to either of their gym pages on MMS there are results and names incorrectly attributed to either gym.
Ok That makes sense. I knew mymeetscores was not totally accurate but was curious if there was more to it. I missed her name when I reported scores to the paper and she was hurt :-( Wished I had known to look deeper for her. Oh well, lesson learned

My daughter is listed under her gym twice...once with her "legal" name and once with the name she goes by daily. Just depends on how she was entered into that particular meet.

Last I checked, my dd has 5 different files on mymeetscores. She has only ever been in one gym. 2 of the files have same name, yet different files. The other 3 are variations of her name.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back