Parents science fair ideas?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

I dont have an answer right now but I found this and thought it might help.

Last edited by a moderator:
I dont have an answer right now but I found this and thought it might help.

LOL!! Hey that's my thread from last year!! Dani actually ended up doing her science fair project unrelated to gymnastics. She did one on how vinegar affects an egg shell. Kinda boring but the gymnastics ones seemed too involved :rolleyes:.

Good luck!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Heads up-don't involve a human subject. Too much read tape involved. Would have to get a doc to supervise. LOL Atleast in MS that is how it works. :) I would do something about math and gymnastics-angles or physics. :)

i would stay away from gymnastics as a topic and I speak from experience....science fair judges tend to like what they always see...my daughter did a science fair project (6th grade) which investigated whether you got more distance taking off from 1 round off backhandspring; 1 round off and 2 back handsprings; or a whip backhandspring backhandspring...she had videos, measurements, research paper on torque and take off..won the Teacher's Award when they judged it; had her project used as a demo for others ("This is exactly what we want to see") ..but the day of the actual science fair, she DID NOT PLACE AT ALL!!!NOT EVEN AN HONORABLE MENTION!!! and she was devastated...and the projects that beat her...."Which brand of popcorn will have the fewest unpopped kernels?" (and 2 similar projects that are repeated every year!!) "Can you tell low fat ice cream from regular ice cream while weaqring a blindfold?".... originality was NOT what they were looking for and I can tell you it was the Science fair project that she worked the hardest on and her teachers came up to her during the fair saying that even though the judges "prefered topics they were familiar with " that hers was still good but we never did anything out of the box after that. :(

She placed in the Science Fair the next year with "Which brand of band-aid sticks the longest on an egg" which consisted of sticking 3 different types of bandaids on eggs and putting them in a bowl of water and waiting for the bandaids to fall off!! And it won!! so go figure..

Awesome!!!!!

I think we're going to do balance and the other senses.

Do you think you have the same balance with your eyes closed? how about one eye closed? I thought maybe even take a look at if right handed can do it with right eye open but not left . . . and visa versa . . . What happens if your ears are plugged? etc I think we could have something ;) what about over time with practice? does it get easier?

The balance links from the other post are great!!!! I'm printing it all out

She's very excited about the science fair.

Bookworm, the third grade science fair isn't judges at all. Everyone just displays it one night and everyone gets a participation certificate

Any additional thoughts and links are very much appreciated!!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back