Shoulder popping

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

momof5

Proud Parent
My DD shoulers pop alot doing gymnastics and just around the house. I heard it twice this morning at breakfast. She has no pain but just wanted some opinions of what causes this?

My DDs do, too. I have wondered about it, but not really researched it because it doesn't cause pain. Looking forward to replies!

My wrists pop in handstands, my feet pop in toe raises, my shoulders pop in BHS's, and my knees crack on almost every leg conditioning there is. I asked my doctor about it awhile back, she said as long as it doesn't hurt it's really not a problem.

What causes my joints to pop is just tendons and ligaments moving over the bones in my joints. That's apparently really common.

happens to me too, normally doing handstand pops (ironically) im not sure but its like where you do a handstand the pop off your hands to help with rebound on vault etc also some times doing forwards tumbling and often during handstand holds it feels like its going to go

My DD had bicept tendonitis and her shoulder was popping with pain. It has since cleared up but the popping still happens (especially during hand stands and back handsprings) but with out pain. Thanks for the replies, I didn't know if other gymmie's had a similar thing happen.

My shoulders pop all the time just around the house too, but it never hurts or bothers me. I've been doing gymnastics for about 11 years now and my shoulders have never given me problems, so i think as long as it doesn't hurt, it's probably not a big deal. I never really notice it anymore unless someone points it out, but I think its perfectly normal for it to happen for a gymnast. ;)

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back