Silver !!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Libby's gym mom

Proud Parent
Well second comp executed dd stormed home with a silver !!! Absolutely proud although , robbed of her bar mark as judge was from competitors camp who realised if my dd was scored highly she would have got gold !! So coach was not happy . Also wasn't aloud to perform her gaynor on the beam , not sure why .

Well second comp executed dd stormed home with a silver !!! Absolutely proud although , robbed of her bar mark as judge was from competitors camp who realised if my dd was scored highly she would have got gold !! So coach was not happy . Also wasn't aloud to perform her gaynor on the beam , not sure why .
Congratulations to your DD on her silver. The bar thing sounds strange - over here (France) there would never be just one judge. This helps to ensure fairness in awarding and deducting points

Well done!

She's only 7/8 isn't she? Possibly a gainer isn't an acceptable move for one so young. Usually difficulty is limited for youngsters to protect their growing bodies.

Is she back doing WAG then? With the coach that was causing problems last year? Hope it's all working out. Sounds like her beam is coming on leaps and bounds if she's doing gainers!

Well done to her, I thought she gave up WAG and went to floor and vault.

Congratulations on the silver. Competitions I have been to have two judges per event to rule out any "unfair" judging. Some gyms have Floor and Vault groups that compete in local 4 piece competitions, this maybe the case for the OP, not saying it is, but maybe why her daughter competed on more than just Floor & Vault.

Yeah she's still in f&v and loving it . It was a comp where she did a four piece and there was only one judge on each piece ? Her beam coming along beautifully but still apprehensive about bwo ( which was part of her routine ) so to just confront her fear was a major turn around !! Thx all , my dd is back xx

My daughter is starting to learn a backwalk over on the beam, they are doing drills for it, the have been using a beam pad and a foam floor beam and when they are ready the get to do one on the high fat beam with a spot. My daughter is also learning squat on's on the bar,managed to do one on her own. My daughter is 8 and trains 3 x a weeks, not sure if they are floor and vault with local 4 piece comps or something else, the group has only been together 4 weeks. How many days/hours does your daughter do?

She was doing 9 in artistic but only 6 in f&v . She lost a few skills that she nearly has back now , which largely due to a change in coach with an entirely different approach . She may well be asked to go back into wag , as a coach told me but as long as dd is happy we will go with what's best for her xx

She has a fear of back walkover on beam and has a gainer? That's about the most gutsy thing I've heard today! Unbelievable.

Yep , my dd has always been a little weird !!

My daughter is a little like that, she hates doing a forward roll on beam (through fear or another reason, I don't know) but she likes doing cartwheels and is even training to do a back walkover on beam with no issues as yet, she even likes doing spins and jumps.

She was doing 9 in artistic but only 6 in f&v . She lost a few skills that she nearly has back now , which largely due to a change in coach with an entirely different approach . She may well be asked to go back into wag , as a coach told me but as long as dd is happy we will go with what's best for her xx

My daughters last coach was great but for some reason my daughter didn't exactly gel with her (no fault of the coaches), now my daughter is in a group with two coaches with a different approach she is doing well. The new coaches like to keep the girls rotating on whatever equipment they are working on, everyone works harder stations with each coach and do easier ones (mostly conditioning stations) alone, having two coaches for a group of 6 (sometimes 7) girls is fantastic.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back