Parents Sisters at the same level

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

My oldest is working through level four. Just needs a few skills to move to five.

Her younger sister just finished a very successful string of meets as a level 3. Placing in the top two at each meet. She has all of her level four skills. Her coaches made the decision to move up the three level threes to level 4 with the first meet in January. These girls are a powerhouse team. They have won or placed in the top three at meets for team awards for 2 years with it only being the three of them. They get lots of compliments at the meets for this.

How did your daughters handle competiting at the same meets at the same level? My husband and I have promised not to compare them. Their coaches have said the same thing. My concern is other parents being careless.

Thanks! :)

4 years, so they won't be in the same age group. I tell them that they are being coached by the same coaches at the same time. They should expect to be at the same level.

I only have one in gymnastics, but DDs best friends on the team are sisters and they are at the same level. They are generally in different age groups which helps (2 years apart). I've never heard anything from parents with any type of comparison. They are very different personalities and gymnasts, so they tend to excel at different events. Their parents are very good about acknowledging both. If they post a video of one on Facebook, then they post one for the other as well. When they do team pictures, they have one picture with both of them. They acknowledge the different strengths, but always to the positive. I never had a sister, but it seems like such a great way for sisters to bond. It's a little tricky when one medals and the other doesn't at a meet, but it's amazing how quick they move on.

Mine are three years apart, so they never competed against each other, but the last year they both competed they were at the same level and trained together in the same group. It was never an issue.

Thanks! THose were my thoughts too! They both excel at different areas. One is very powerful and is good at bars and vault. THe other is graceful and is great at floor and beam. :)We will continue to celebrate both as we have in the past when they did the same meet at different levels. I think my oldest is having a hard time with baby sis catching up with her. Sis is happy to finally be with her big sister. :)

I seen many a sister duo in the same level and it's never been an issue.. and with your girls so far apart in age , it won't be. As they say, don't go looking for zebras!

Hi - we don't have this in gymnastics bc I only have one gymnast now but my sons both wrestle and this year they often end up in the same weight class and age group. Once they wrestled for 1 st & 2nd and once it was for 4th & 5th with 4th being the last "medaling" place. Both times the matches were brutal but they finished, hugged, and no one cried. They are each other's biggest supporters & my little ones only concern with gymnastics meet is that his brother won't be on the floor with him. So I bet your girls will be fine & hopefully appreciate the extra time they get to spend together!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back