Parents So done! It happened again. I definitely think she is not cut out to be a gymnast..

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Ok, so her year hasn't been that great, but come on....she was at her state meet today, Level 8, not having a great day, but doing okay and then it happened....last rotation, beam...her nightmare. BHS, looks like 2 displaced fingers again....all I know is that my daughter is not staying once she is released to her and she is heading back home to the hospital to have x-rays and find out the results.:(

Oh no, I am so sorry to hear she got hurt again. I often wonder if my DD is not meant to be a gymnast, too. There are times I wish she would just quit, but I know she loves it.

I don't know what I would do if I was in your DDs shoes. I think that it would be tempting to say "No more gym." But then I know so many gymnasts who have battled through injuries and kept coming back.

Hope that it isn't a serious injury and she heals fast. Poor kiddo.

I really feel for your GDD, my oldest girl had so many injuries that it made me wonder the same thing. Eventually it was an injury that stopped her. But for years she had on and off injuries that kept her out of the gym. I am sure without them she would be a happy L8 gymnast now, but she could never get a break. Some bodies just do not stand up well to the rigors of gymnastics, no matter how much potential they have.

Hopefully things are fine with her and she gets it looked at quickly, must hurt like heck. I am sure in the cold light of day your DD can assess where your GDD is at andhow to proceed.

Aww. Poor thing. I hope its nothing too major, and she is able to recover quickly. Please do keep us updated on what they find out, and how she does

So the plan was to come home from the meet and take her directly to the hospital for x-rays, but apparently one of the other gymnasts fathers (on her team) is an ER doc and he pulled/put them back into place and told my daughter that she could wait until tomorrow in order to see HER ortho doctor and so that is what she decided to do (btw my daughter works at the hospital and would prefer to see her doctor rather than one of the ER docs at the hospital, therefore the decision). She is at home now icing them and seemed fine when I left the house. Oh, ya, and she may have broken her pinky toe as well according to this doc. I guess all she needed was an 8.5 on beam and she would have been on to regionals but, as they say, it is what it is. Instead she finished beam with a double zero...Thank you for your good thoughts. And when I asked her if she thought she may be "done" with gymnastics, she seems to give me the impression that she is not done....I think she does not want this sport to beat her.

So sorry to hear of your GDD's injury. And at States. Gymnastics can be so unfair sometimes.

Glad to hear that it is not more serious and that she is not giving up. No matter what she decides, better for it to be HER decision and not one made for her based on an unfortuate situation. Please keep us posted once she sees the doctor.

So sorry to hear of your Gd's injury. I hope she recovers quickly and that she is able to make the right decision for her re: gymnastics. So so hard to see them suffer.

Sorry for your Granddaughter's injury, especially at states when they have worked so hard all year! My DD is only 10 and has a nice collection of heel cups, ace wraps, knee support and ankle braces in her gymbag. It's always something! Fingers and toes are not so bad to recover from, hopefully this bad meet will be behind her soon and she will move on recovered and ready for the next level!

Well, that just stinks. But happy to hear it wasn't too bad. I hope she heals well and fast. I understand about the not being done thing - this sport seems to be both unforgiving and addictive to these girls. Good luck to her, and your daughter, and you...

Im sorry!! It sounds like she was having a good meet to. I hope it is nothing serious and will be able to recover quickly.

just give it a few days of thought & healing...sleep on it.:)

I am sorry to hear this. Sounds like she was having a fantastic day. Almost making it to regionals. Hope her fingers and toe heal quickly and this is the end of the injuries!!

Bummed that this happened to your DD at her state meet. Its so hard to see them work all year and then be taken out by an injury. DD had states this weekend too and dislocated her pinky on the bhs on beam too. They had a DR on site and he put it back in place for her and taped it to her other finger for her. She wanted to keep competing and the Dr said it would be ok so she did beam minus the series (low score but she was still happy she did it) She went on to compete floor an vault. She had some pain but did it anyway. She iced whenever she wasn't competeing. Dr said any skill that required bending that joint wuld hurt for a week or two. Hope all her injuries heal soon.

momof5, sorry to hear about your DD's pinky (finger)...my DGD's, we thought, was her pinky (toe) but it was the one next to it....they have put her in a "boot" for that....but she did break two fingers at the same time and she saw the ortho today and they are now scheduling surgery for those. Sometimes things just don't seem fair do they. Glad your DD got to finish her meet. This was my DGD's last event and she could not finish so she ended up without a beam score.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back