Spin off from the Meet Scores post--posting scores online...

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

gymmomtoo

Proud Parent
I noticed a few people said that their booster club (or gym) posts results from meets online at their gym's website. I keep up the website for our booster club--put tons of stuff on their, but I haven't put results up (have put links to results though). Would people be interested in having results there? I have put up when girls qualify for State, but not actual scores or placements. Just wondering if people would like that?

Oh--i also am in charge of scoring at the meet we host--and we are one of those gyms that posts online as soon as we have final results. If spectators were checking our website, they'd see who won, etc. before awards were announced.

Our parents love that the scores are on the web site. They also love the photos that go with those meets. they don't have to hunt down various websites to find scores its all right there in one place. Our parents too work together from all levels even though we may never have meets together we actually all know moms at every level through the Boosters. One of our goals is to foster a team spirit accross all the levels. We do alot of fun activitites for the girls where older gymnasts are mentors to the younger ones and the girls are really interested in how each other is doing. I've seen L10 girls giving advice to L6 girls and not have an issue with it at all not too often do you see the optional really willing to work with the L4 - 6 girls and really care how the team as a whole is doing.

We post scores the day after every home meet and every parent I know loves it. We also keep archives of past meet scores on the website. It's fun to look back at how the girls have developed over time. And I don't track scores, so it's an easy way to see how everyone did (you know who wins medals, but it's also to really nice to know if all the girls have qualified for state).

My daughter's old gym started posting scores but only recognized girls who placed top 3, which caused complaints because some girls never get to top 3. Instead of changing it to include everyone they decided to only post first place champions, which were few and far between and left many girls feeling crappy and left out. After many more complaints about that policy, they decided to only posted optional results, because they really mattered according to them (unlike compulsories). Eventually that policy disintegrated into no scores being posted.

So my advice if you do it, is just a straight up posting of scores that includes all girls. If you want to have special recognition for champions I think that is okay, but don't leave out the hard little workers who might never see a podium.

A local gym that we don't attend does kind of a sweet thing, though they are a small gym making this easier. They post a special highlight about every kid that competes. So it would say something like Jenny Smith had a personal best of a 8.7 on bars. They don't mention that might have been 15th place, just the accomplishment for the kid. Then they have a link to a full spreadsheet of the scores so you can see that too. I thought that was a nice thing, making every kid feel like a superstar.

A local gym that we don't attend does kind of a sweet thing, though they are a small gym making this easier. They post a special highlight about every kid that competes. So it would say something like Jenny Smith had a personal best of a 8.7 on bars. They don't mention that might have been 15th place, just the accomplishment for the kid. Then they have a link to a full spreadsheet of the scores so you can see that too. I thought that was a nice thing, making every kid feel like a superstar.

A grandma at my daughter's gym just did that with a poster. Each compulsory girl had a star with her name and her highest score for that meet. The girls loved it!

Parents are always concerned about privacy and thier kids online profile.
Its intersting that ome gyms that post scores online do it in a special parent section that requires a seperate login while
other gyms post the scores on the public site. This may be a discussion to have with your booster club or owner. I can see the benefits to both. It's nice for the gym to promote the high scores of their gymnasts but it also opens up privacy issues.

I love it when the host gym posts scores online after a meet! I am not obsessive and will not track everyone's score during a meet- but am always interested in the standings after the fact- just to see where DD placed in the grand scheme of things.

Oh wait, did I read this post wrong. Ids this about gyms that post individual infor on each gymnast on team- like high scores, etc. of the gymnasts at their gym? I am more interested in the big picture- the kind of info you'd find on mymeetscores that I'm interested in- the individual info on a team website like "Kylie got a 9.8 on vault and is now a state champ!" I guess that is fine too.

DDs gym does not post scores on their website. Many parents have expressed a wish for it, but the owners feel that with the whole privacy issue, it is better left alone.

You could appease both sides of this maybe by posting --- Jane S. instead of Jane Smith. Or by making a special Parent Page with a login. And I would post all scores/by level and not just name the top scorers.

I google my dd's name every once in awhile just to see what is out there on the web and protect her privacy. mymeetscores.com always comes up.

Our state USAG has a policy on posting scores for gyms hosting meets- the child's gym must inform the meet director if a child has "opted out" and then the meet director cannot post that child's name. We just replace the name with "gymnast" to hold the spot in the standings. But if we compete out of state, we have no control over it.

Last edited:
THanks for your thoughts, everyone! The privacy thing is what had me worried too. I know that scores are available (with names) at mymeetscores.com and other places--I look there all the time myself. Not sure if most of our compulsory parents know that, so they might have an issue with scores being posted. Maybe I'll bring it up at our next board meeting or poll the membership or something. Our booster club website is not password protected--just not searchable.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back