Split Leap Series

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

I am a level 7 gymnast, and I would like to know what I could connect to a split leap to fullfill all requirements. (another leap) This is for beam, and I would like to try connecting a "C" to it to get the bonus. My coach has had us working on split leap sisson (sp?) but I don't like this leap series, and it doesn't work for me. What other leaps ciould you do? I would prefer to have my split leap first. What have you done, or taught? What looks nice?

in level 7 i did a split jump- gainer layout i think (it's been like 8 years or so, eek!)

maybe you could do a switch leap instead if you really don't like split jumps (though if you hate those you'll prob hate switch leaps) because they're C elements and i'm pretty sure they fulfill the 180 degree requirement on a level 7 routine. or a split jump 1/2 would be a c. you could maybe connect a split jump to a 1 arm front handspring? or a

as far as how it looks, i think it depends on your style of gymnastics. are you good doing jumps? handsprings? try to connect the element to something you're strongest at, esp. if you struggle with it.

oh wait you said another leap! sorry.

maybe a wolf with a half turn? or a cat leap 1/1? like i said it really depends what you feel most comfortable with!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News