spotted deduction?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

G

gymnastjess

What's the deduction for being spotted on a skill here in AUS?

1.0 spotting deduction
plus you would not receive value for the skill so another 1.0 (for most elements).
Some (mean judges) might take omission as well, so that is another 1.0 (I doubt this would happen though)
+ any execution deduction

Basically don't bother

:0 Oh My Gosh! hopefully i will have my pullover by the end of the yr then :/

I've seen a girl get deducted SIX WHOLE POINTS for getting spotted on a skill.
SIIIIIX POIIINTS.
That routine actually went into the negatives.

haha inhouse comps but last yr we only had one comp this yr we have like 4(i think its to be comfirmed :/) and since they are the only comps i get to do and im pretty competitive lol i wanna make em good hehe! and gee i feel so much better knowing that if i dont have my pullover im practically screwed :/

i will do level 3 everything and level 2 bars and no, well i have never tried it i have a good cast though :)

Ha I don't read neon pink so well. Keep working on your strength, that pullover will come eventually. If you have good casts, and do the rest of the routine with great form you can still score well.

haha i don't think anyone does its just a pretty colour lol, thankyou, just curious why you asked if i could do a hip circle? can you replace a pullover with a backhipcircle? :)

I have seen taller girls who do not have the strength to pullover do a trick with the hip circle. They jump towards a peak cast position, then fall back into a hip circle. It's a bit more technical, but requires a lot less strength.

so should i ask my coach if i could do this im 5 foot 4 and i can do 4x the amount of pushups everyother girl on my team can do but i just cant do it ive been working on it for a while, if i dont get it i will have to compete level 1 because we rnt allowed to be spotted.?? i have a nice high cast and am about 3/4 handstand and i have heard backhip circles are easier when you have a big cast? thanks :)

You can be spotted, but you will get deducted, same if you leave it out completely. I would keep working on your chin up strength and stomach strength, use lots of different activities and challenges to keep it interesting. Try playing around with the jump to a cast position, and ask your coach if you can work hip circles and some drills for them.

my coach is actually the judge for bars so she can't spot so unfortunately unless i call over hayden who runs the in house comps to spot me its unlikely lol, it doesnt bother me to cpmpete level 1 bars second yr in a row that much but anyway, i can't quite picture jumping straight into a cast, i can picture it like off a trampoline? and kinda off a springboard, i will ask her if i can play around with it because if by the end of the yr if i have that mount but not my pullover i may be able to use that one? :) thanks it sounds like a fun mount, i work on my situps ect everyday but just dont seem to get stronger im a slow progresser in terms of stength but in terms of skills im pretty fast i just have trouble getting my hips to the bar in the pullover im very close but i tend to drop my arms not because of strength issues purely a mind thing. thanks again :)

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back