WAG Standing double back tuck beam dismount?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Aero

Coach
I was thinking "what if?" about this earlier and I wanted to get some community advice to satisfy my curiosity. The idea is performing a standing double backward tucked somersault off the end of the beam as a dismount. Perhaps some of the knowledgeable people on here can enlighten me. My questions are:
  1. Does this exist in the FIG code?
  2. Has it ever been done before, or better yet, documented?
  3. If it has never been performed and isn't assigned a difficulty letter, what do you think it would be worth?
Just a cool thought that popped into my head, really. :) :cool:

If I'm not mistaken, it is in the code as a double back dismount no matter what skill is done to set it up (handsprings, round off, standing). So gymnasts would be better off doing it out of handsprings or a round off where there's less risk and they can get more height as opposed to learning it standing and not getting as much momentum. Also with that extra power from the round off/handsprings there's more potential to upgrade to a full in or a double pike in the future.

Not really a trick worth competing, but Tammy Biggs has her kids doing them and recommends that we do the same (into a pit), but it's for teaching technique, not competing.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back