Started gymnastics at 11 (advice?)

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

S

stephanieLd

I started doing gymnastics about 6 months ago when I was 11 years old. I'm 12 and a level 3 now. I've been feeling very discouraged about whether or not I should continue gymnastics. I love the sport but I started so late that I feel like I'll never get anywhere. I mean I know that it's not possible for me to be an elite gymnast or anything and I'm fine with that but I want to at least go beyond level 5. Is that possible? Should I just quit?

I started gymnastics at age 11 and I'm 15 and level 5! Hang in there I get things a lot easier than little kids who don't understand how to do things. Also being older you will understand the understand the benefits of conditioning. When I started I went all the way through rec. before I was put onto a team do your already ahead of me! If it makes you feel better, at my gym we have a hole class of beginner 14 yearolds

It sounds like you want to quit because you don't feel you have enough difficult skills. Quitting won't help you get those skills. I say hang in there if you love it.

Also, you do have to 14 on post on ChalkBucket.

I did old level 4 as an 11 year old and I'm a level 9 now. Third year too (well of I wasn't injured that is). You should totally stick it out! If you love the sport you could totally get pretty far.

I started gymnastics when I was 12. I didn't do USAG so I don't know exactly where I would have been but my guess is somewhere between level 8 and 9 depending on the event. So keep working hard and you will improve!

I started when I was 10. I am almost 12 and between level 3 and 4. Trust me, I'm not the oldest (there is a girl in my level whose 13), but I'm pretty old here. But since I'm older, I have to demonstrate skills for the younger kids who are learning. It can be fun, and sometimes boring. Really, you're not too old. And if you truly love the sport, you should stay in it. I love it too, and I'm a pretty old gymnast for level 3\4.

I started when I was 10. I am almost 12 and between level 3 and 4. Trust me, I'm not the oldest (there is a girl in my level whose 13), but I'm pretty old here. But since I'm older, I have to demonstrate skills for the younger kids who are learning. It can be fun, and sometimes boring. Really, you're not too old. And if you truly love the sport, you should stay in it. I love it too, and I'm a pretty old gymnast for level 3\4.
You are too young for chalkbucket.

I started gymnastics at 10 was in really bad gyms for a while and did level 4 until I was 11 I did level at age 12 and level 8 at age 13 I'm now level 9 and I'm 14 (I'm a guy btw) so stick with it, it doesn't matter when you start.

Level 3 is really good if you have only done gymnastics for a year. I have been doing gymnastics for four years but I still can not back handspring

She was banned last week.

I started when I was 10, I am now a new L4 and 14 (almost 15) years old. It took me a while, only because I had to quit at 13. I rejoined, repeated L2, and moved to L4. You didn't start that late, and you can still get to a high level. Good luck! :)

I started when I was 12 and now in in between P2 and P3 (Canadian levels not to sure what it is equal to in the states) You just have to focus on your self and not worry about what other people think

I was in level 3 when I was 11. I stayed for 2 years in level 4 and 5. I was 14. I have gotten many skills, and placed first for states both years in level 5. You can still be a very successful gymnast, if you so choose. Age is no reason to quit.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back