Parents States for my kids-- good and disappointing

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

ZJsMom

Proud Parent
Last weekend both kids had states. Unfortunately, only one had a really good experience. Ds had his best AA of the season, placed on floor and highbar. He also qualified for regionals and his team took first.

Dd had a super disappointing experience because she managed to break her big toe the day before the meet! She was really looking forward to states because she had increased her AA every meet and thought she was going to peak at states. No such luck. She did go and attempted beam and bars, but her attempts weren't too pretty. She said her toe her too much and she was afraid of every skill. Her bar score from her last meet was good for first in her age group, which kind of stung. At least her team still won the team trophy.

Congrats to DS. he should be very proud of himself!!

DD must be so sad to not have been able to finish the year off well.

I hope her toe recovers quickly and she is back in the game again soon.

They both did incredibly well. As for DD I can totally empathise, injury can literally stop you in your tracks.

Hope she heals well, and DS has a great time at regionals.

Congrats to your son on a great state meet!! Good luck at regionals :)

I am so sorry that your DD broke her toe. I can only imagine how disappointed she must have been. WTG on going out there and competing with the injury!

Congrats to your DS on his great meet! Exciting for him to go to regionals!

So sorry about your DD. How sad to have an injury like that right before States. Just not fair. Hope she heals quickly, both physically and her spirit.

Congrats to your DS on an awesome meet! Big bummer for your DD though--it's tough to get injured right before State like that. Hopefully she'll heal well and come right back at it next year!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back