WAG Straps?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

MILgymFAM

Proud Parent
My DD has been using strap bar a little lately, but unfortunately all the straps at the gym are too small for her. There will not be any new straps magically appearing. There is one girl who has a pair that fits, but they belong to her- she brought them from her old gym and isn't keen on sharing. My DD asked me to get her a pair to use regularly, but not only can I not find them, I can't find how you measure for them either. Any advice on length and where to buy a single pair (I have only seen them sold in 8s). Thanks!

Do you sew? Us coaches used to make them before they were available through distributors.

I made some once by cutting the handles off an old bag, then knotting them at the right length.

Did the job :)

You need to get proper straps, they can and do break and this can cause a serious injury to the gymnasts.

I can't recommend where to get them as I am from Australia, but most gymnastics apparatus suppliers will carry the straps. You can check the correct size with her coach.

YES , I second and third the , GETTING manufactured straps!!! I have seen kids fly off straps, using old straps or home made. Parents please check your gymnasts straps tonight to make sure they are not fraying, if so spend the money and get new ones. The alternative is a trip to the ER..... Kids should get a new pair twice a year.

YES , I second and third the , GETTING manufactured straps!!! I have seen kids fly off straps, using old straps or home made. Parents please check your gymnasts straps tonight to make sure they are not fraying, if so spend the money and get new ones. The alternative is a trip to the ER..... Kids should get a new pair twice a year.
I so get this...but...where do you find straps for a gymnast who can't wear grips in optionals because the 0000 size is too big? I keep finding nothing...:(

Our gym has straps....how can we know if they are good?

I so get this...but...where do you find straps for a gymnast who can't wear grips in optionals because the 0000 size is too big? I keep finding nothing...:(

My dd did straps before she was big enough for grips but i don't know what color she used (aren't they color coded by size?!?!)... beware, she did slip out once! Scared the living you know what out of her and the coach!

You can order online from DGS Gym Supply. The full set of multiple sizes is available and pretty reasonable if I recall.

If you would not trust the strap to hold your weight because it's frayed , streeched out, or old then it's not good enough for your kid. :)

I dont blame you! That little bag is stinky! So please! While you are all checking those straps , wash those wristbands!!!! Please!!!! :)

I dont blame you! That little bag is stinky! So please! While you are all checking those straps , wash those wristbands!!!! Please!!!! :)
I think it was meant literally. Parents at my DDs gym don't see te traps because they are stored below the bars in a box. They don't come off the floor at all. I've never seen a pair up close.

Reactions: sce
I asked my DD about the strap colors. Apparently the ones she "borrows" are grey, and the other girls use yellow and orange. This threw me again because none of those colors are in the sets linked here- or anywhere that I can find. I feel like this is harder than it should be.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back