Strength Score

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

E

Ex member

All the girls getting tested to see how they are getting on strength wise every few months, my youngest (7) dd got a score of 3 when she first got tested 6 months ago and got 14 last time they did strength testing (last week), my dd said the score wasn't the number of a certain exercise they had to do and testing was harder this time, last they did pull ups to head height, this time they were asked to do as many as they could to chest height.

Any idea what the numbers means in testing? The coach said dd has got a heck of a lot stronger since doing 2 sessions a week and conditioning homework every other week.

As my user name suggests I have no idea but this is what our gym does.
They do strength / conditioning testing every few months too, but it is different, ours know (or are told) their reps/time from the previous test but are not told the results from the one they are doing until afterwards and then they announce a winner. I guess yours are given marks for each exercise completed and these are added together to give an overall score, but as I say it is a guess!

From what dd told me they have tests on pull-ups, dips and leg lifts every few months (they have been tested 3 times since starting the group 9 months ago) they also do forward roll, backwards roll and cartwheel. There is no winner, the coach hoped they equal or beat their previous test results, they are only tested against themselves (if you know what I mean). I think the testing is for the coaches record so she can keep an eye on progress and maybe give some extra help to the ones who perhaps struggled compared to last time.

From what dd has said the number wasn't the amount of reps done but some sort of score of strength? I think I will ask the coach and see what it means next time dd is in. It is not something I am worried about, just curious as to what these numbers mean (they might not mean anything in particular).

She got a 3, now she is getting a 14. Sounds like she is making good progress.
There is no universal strength number, lol, it is the gyms strength testing and how they record progress.

Reactions: sce

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back