T&T Meet format

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

twinmomma

Proud Parent
Can anyone provide any insight into how a T&T meet is structured? DD's coach said it isn't like artistic where you have a four hour slot and then you're done but that it can be an all day affair. If it's any help, DD will probably compete 6 or 7 on Tramp and DM, and 6 on Tumbling as an 11 year old.

The only time we've had it be an all day affair is states/regionals, and usually only regionals (which can actually be a multi day affair). The meets we've attended are all scheduled based on the trampoline level, age, and gender. For instance, there will be a block of time that is for L8+ girls age 15+, level 5/6 boys age 15+, and L4 girls age 10. That's one session. The next will have L3/4 boys under age 8 and L6 girls age 12-14. Usually a meet will have 4-6 sessions over a weekend. Say your kid is a different level on the other events from tramp (as is quite often the case).. Well they will run the needed levels of the other events during each tramp session. Again, the only difference is championship meets, where there will be blocks for age/level/gender for each event. It sounds confusing but isn't too bad. We have usually been there between 1.5-3 hours total. Another big difference is that some meets will run awards by flight, so you compete and they immediately do medals for that event/group. Other times (looking at regionals again) you will have hours (I think we had 3?) between the end of an event and the awards for it.

Here is an actual flier from last year. This is a normal and typical small meet we have encountered. Larger meets will have further breakdowns by levels.
ImageUploadedByChalkBucket1475623612.101486.jpg

MIL did a great job explaining. Like she said it is usually by age and not level because they vary. Also the competing age is the age they will be on Dec 31 of the competing year. So my DD who turned 10 in Sep of 16 will compete as an 11/12 since her seasons starts in Jan of 17. Also many meets have a large scoreboard with scores flashing for the entire meet. Many scores depending on how many levels there are. All places get a medal (at least in Region 1 and 2) T&T meets in my experience are much more fun and laid back than artistic ones :)

The only time we've had it be an all day affair is states/regionals, and usually only regionals (which can actually be a multi day affair). The meets we've attended are all scheduled based on the trampoline level, age, and gender. For instance, there will be a block of time that is for L8+ girls age 15+, level 5/6 boys age 15+, and L4 girls age 10. That's one session. The next will have L3/4 boys under age 8 and L6 girls age 12-14. Usually a meet will have 4-6 sessions over a weekend. Say your kid is a different level on the other events from tramp (as is quite often the case).. Well they will run the needed levels of the other events during each tramp session. Again, the only difference is championship meets, where there will be blocks for age/level/gender for each event. It sounds confusing but isn't too bad. We have usually been there between 1.5-3 hours total. Another big difference is that some meets will run awards by flight, so you compete and they immediately do medals for that event/group. Other times (looking at regionals again) you will have hours (I think we had 3?) between the end of an event and the awards for it.

Ok, so it's not one session for tramp, another a few hours later for DM? That was the sense I got, but maybe I misunderstood.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back