Parents The mind of a gymnast...

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

E

Ex member

As you know my youngest dd's short gymnastics career has been full of ups and downs. Dd has seemed to settle quite well into her group during the past few weeks. Last night she didn't go to gym as she said she felt sick and didn't want to risk feeling worse during practice, she said her heart loves gymnastics and was sad as she couldn't go and that her body hated her by making her feel ill and that her head told her that is was better not to go to gymnastics incase she felt worse. Dd wasn't sick in the end but did sleep earlier than usual and has a cough and cold. I think the sick feeling was caused by the hairspray I used in her hair as I forgot that she was sick the last time we used some (it was a year ago).

Sometimes I do wonder what goes on in their heads and last night as the first time I have heard her speak like this and have now some to realise that she really loves gymnastics with all her heart and that she has a good head on her young shoulders, she did cry a little when she couldn't go and my heart went out to her.

"Ron said, 'One person can't feel all that at once, they'd explode.'
'Just because you've got the emotional range of a teaspoon doesn't mean we all have,' said Hermione."

There's a lot going on in your DD's head. :)

Harry Potter. I would love to find a HP leo for my DD. I cant make them myself though. Grr. So nice to hear another mom quote HP, as I feel sometimes people think I'm nuts when I do. Thanks.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back