Parents The Rest of the story...

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Swiftli

Proud Parent
Thanks to all who comment and critiqued on my earlier post. Here is the rest of the story....

I have to say I liked this meet because I was finally able to watch my daughter live instead of through a video camcorder screen. My husband offered to tape. Yippee!

We started out on floor. I thought she rocked it and score came up a 9.20. Yay!

Onto Vault. She has been making slow progress but progress is progress....she scored an 8.50

Next up...bars. I saw SO much improvement in this event. At her first meet on Halloween...she fell on her squat on and had no casts whatsoever... She still has some improvements to go...but I'll take the score of 8.45

Finally...beam. As you all know by know the outcome of the beam routine. Lesson learned...it doesn't matter if you stick that BWO....if your not taking the time to stick all the other elements....Little things add up. Scored at 7.6

Here is the kicker...they split the level into 2 groups for awards. Her group was 11 and under. She is 8. She did manage the 5th AA spot with a 33.75

Videos are posted...YouTube - swiftli1's Channel

Oh I loved Dad talking her through floor! She did such a great job and that is a very tough age range, to place 5th is a massiv acheivment!

Not a bad meet at all. The little things will come. My DD gets what I call 'tenthed to death' !!! Oh well, she is enjoying herself and slowly improving so all is good !!

I am surprised at that age group !!! 8 yr olds against 11 yr olds does not seem fair, they must not have had enough in certain ages to break it smaller. Although I have seen age groups with 1-3 girls before.

Sounds like she did great on all her other events. I still think her beam will be rocking when she hits everything and even more when she gets all the little things in there. :D She is very young and L6 is tough. Tough age group divisions as well and she held her own.

I remember Abby in her first year of L4 and beam with the tenthed to death. Her teammate could fall and get a better score than her. :) It was just all the little things. Hard for them to realize as well as they try so hard to stay on. So when they do, it seems you would get a better score than one that fell, but not the case.

I think she looks really great out there. :) Congrats to her for her improvements and I know she will keep improving. Thanks for sharing the rest of her meet with us!

A good lesson that the tenths really add up--if she slows down, she'll have an awesome beam routine. Congrats to her!!!

I find that there is ALWAYS one of these parents at every meet. We try to sit together as a team, which isn't always easy because when you try to save seats you get the look of death. Which leads to my next question. Is seat saving an exceptable practice at gym meets??

Dennis
gymdad.blogspot.com

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back