toe shoot catch

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Is there any drill or suggestion to help with the toe shoot catch. The child is 4ft tall and I feel she is to small to do it, but its costing her alot on her bar score when she is trying hopes/elite.

Last edited by a moderator:
You might want to change the topic to Uneven Parallel Bars. I see parallel bars, I think Men's gymnastics.

Set the bars as close as possible.

Really focus on sitting up after shooting the toes. Pop open those hips explosively to get up and out to the high bar.

yes you may wish to change the topic to uneven bars lol :) Make sure she is shooting her toes up really hard, if she is letting go early try telling her to keep her feet on the bar until she can no longer see the high bar, then shoot up and sit up really quickly. Some 4ft kids can do toeshoot catch, I once saw a tiny girl pick her wedgie, and fix her grips during one :D it was so funny.

Work toe on front pikes into the pit. Focus on a late release as if she is pushing her feet past the high bar. I think once she's gotten used to the rhythm of this, the timing on the bar change will come. I'm with the others in saying the bars need to be close enough for her to reach as well.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back