Too old to start?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

E

erinor

I have been interested in gymnastics for a while now, and would like to join a gym, but my parents wont let me because they say I am too old. I am almost 15. Should I keep asking, or is 14 too old?

It's never too late to start, and to learn new skills. you may not get to a high level, but there's no reason why you can't learn some cool skills. At 27, I'm still learning new skills. because you're older you have the benefit of being able to make corrections more easily and focus better than younger kids (generally, tho some kids are really good at both these things). so if it's something that you're interested in, go for it :).

Gymnastics is the basis for lots of other cool stuff (like cheerleading) and is a fun way of keeping fit. I don't see why you shouldn't take up a new sport even if it is clear before you start you won't be an olympian.

14 is NOT too old! There are advantages even to starting at a later age than a younger one too too! Go for it! I started at 27, and have come a LONG way in one year of actual training-I bet you will surprise yourself!

NO WAY!! I'm a level 4 and just turned 13 and i have a level 4 at my gym whos a freshman. Always chase your dreams and don't let your age (and other people) bring you down:)

I'm 15 and I started about a month ago. I only take once a week rec. classes to help with my ballet. I have gotten stronger and learned so many new things in just a month. Also going to open gym is a good idea if your parents won't let you take classes or just one or two classes a week

I'm going to start in January and I'm 14 , I hope to carry on where I left off when I had to quit when was 10 because we moved house from Manchester to Warrington and my mum keeps on saying no u will never be good enough and your too old - no way are u too old , follow ur heart and go for your dreams xxxxx

Good luck too ya !!! :p:);):D

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back