Trampoline help

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Brandy S

Coach
Hi,
I am new to this forum. I am a level 2 trampoline coach in Canada. I coach a great group on rec athletes. My question is help with Rollers. 2 of my girls are able to do them but they always land with their feet to the side instead of the front. I have them lean back more and change their arm movements, but nothing. any suggestions?

Thanks!
Brandy

Can you describe the skill? I'm not familiar with the terminology. Is it a seat drop-half turn-seat drop?

It is a seat drop full turn back to seat drop. I still make this mistake when I do them, but my coaches never say anything (which is a little odd, because they fix everything else). I think it is just the amount of rotation and timing.

It sounds to me like they are not rotating fast enough, which probably involves not jumping high enough and possibly attempting to turn with their legs first instead of their shoulders. Are they able to keep their legs straight during the turn? Do they ever open up to a straight body position during the turn?

Thanks guys! I think one of them has a good enough rotation, she has begun to make it look effortless. I will try suggesting higher jumps and faster rotations tonight and see how it goes! Thanks.

Thanks again!!! MaddieLynn, it definitely worked for one of them last night, the second should progress along shortly :)

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back