types of meets

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Does your gym do league meets or invitationals? It seems like the invitationals that the judging is tougher or maybe the competition is tougher. Our gym does a combination of both and I noticed last year that my daughter would place in the top at the league meets but at the invitationals she would be somewhere in the middle. I also noticed that the invitationals were nicer and they gave out more stuff.

No league meets here, just invitationals. I have noticed that DDs old gym went to different invitationals sometimes, smaller ones that a lot of the top scoring gyms don't go to. It was nice because the girls had a better chance at placing. Abby went to one of those meets and medaled on everything and at the next 2 she had had higher scores and only medaled on one event each time. They did a mix of the huge ones and small ones. Her new gym only goes to the big ones. Most invitationals here the girls get some kind of souvenir, t-shirt or something, but not all. I love the ones that give medals for AA all the way, that is what makes me happy, even though my DD is now scoring a little better in her 2nd year, it breaks my heart to see girls in tears because they didn't get any medals.

Invitationals here too, some are larger than others. I think it depends on the age group too. At her last meet there were only 4 or 5 teams, and DD had only 3 girls in her age group, but the 8 & 10 yr old groups were bigger 8-12 girls.

I also like the meets where they medal the AA all the way out ( at least for lower levels) that way everyone gets at least one medal.

Not sure what a league meet is. We do Invitationals anyway. Our compulsories do two invitationals and 3 qualifiers (compulsories here have to get a qualifying score for State at a qualifier meet--only 3 of them each year. Optionals can get a qualifying score for State at any sanctioned meet).

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back