UK WAG 2014 grades results

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Wow the new range scores go down pretty low. I would think everyone was aiming to get at least a 10.

It's just so long and complex and the list of deductions seems endless - for not showing shoulder stand in the forward roll, for passing through split instead of kicking straight back up to handstand from split bridge, for not getting the feet high enough in straddle lever, for not holding the handstands long enough and for every arm pump, hand shuffle. elbow bend... and on and on. Some pretty solid looking range routines from people who have not struggled before have been hammered.

And the numbers being entered for compulsories are massively down.

Lots of people saying they have made the range too difficult, for no obvious benefit, and are not necessarily getting the 'best' gymnasts by going down this route.

I don't know what to think.

I think range is harder for comp 4 but pretty much same for 3. The deductions were always there. I think they were always taken at nationals but sometimes the regional scores for range looked high when you saw the videos. Maybe they are taking them now because there is no pass mark on range anymore. It doesn't really matter if you get an 8 or something now on range as long as you get the overall score.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back