Parents Unbearably itchy comp leo. any advice

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

gymmomtotwo

Proud Parent
We have paid a goodly amount of money for 7year old Dd to wear a torture device. Mesh sleeves with jewels, each which digs into her skin. She can hardly stand it for 2 minutes, much less for hours. I'm actually pretty upset about it. Its taken a lot of money and hours of her time to finally compete in her first meet ever, and she is now dreading it. I slipped it over my arm, its bad. Would a nude color long sleeve ballet leotard under the gym leo work? I'm worried she will be too hot. It is mostly the sleeves. The rest of the leo is itchy but bearable. Any input is appreciated.

I would try the leotard under. I've worn a nude ballet leotard (sleeveless) under a leotard to make it less itchy. It shouldn't be too hot wearing it. When you think about it she's only doubled up under the bodice, if she doesn't wear anything under the liner it would almost be like wearing under garments anyway. The sleeves shouldn't be hot since it's only one leotard with some mesh on top.
Good luck.

Reactions: sce
Yes, absolutely try a nude longsleeved Leo underneath. If you are a seamstress you COULD add a thin, nude layer to the sleeves only but you would definitely have to know your way around leotard/swimsuit sewing to do that.
I have added partial linings to several leos.
I'm sorry she has to deal with this!

That is terrible! Poor girl! Yes, do whatever possible to make it more comfortable. If you are in a more cool area, it shouldn't be too hot with the underleo. Danskin!!!!

My dd wears such a thing under her comp leo and it helps but she still changes out of it in between the competition and awards ceremony. So it won't be a miracle device but might make it at least tolerable.

Are you sure her leo fits correctly? It might be too small if it's that uncomfortable - especially on her arms. I would recommend trying on a bigger size to see if it feels better. The arms shouldn't be so tight that the jewels are digging into her skin!

I would think a good seamstress would be able to add a liner to the sleeves without too much effort.

Is she the only one? Maybe ask another person and try on theirs.
Is it shiny? My dd hates shiny leos as they are not normally made with mystic material.
In the end if she tries on another leo and its still itchy....she may not be able to wear it. Maybe she is allergic to the material?

I can tell you right now, the way you describe the jewels digging into your daughter's arms, my DD would be the exact same way (she won't even wear a foil/metallic/mystique leo because it itches).
I'd definitely try a leo liner. If it works for the first meet, and you have time before the next one, I'd bring it to a seamstress, and have the sleeves from the liner attached to the comp leo (if it can be done).

Im sorry! There is nothing worse than an itchy leotard :( Maybe if the under-leotard is too hot you can try just wrapping her arm with some nude pre wrap? Or I know they make those "arm sleeve tattoo covers" you might be able to find one small enough in a medical store for a different purpose and make it work just for her arm?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back