WAG Unitard update

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

ivyagogo

Coach
I can't win the argument so I am going to have a beautiful biketard made. What do you think of these? I'm leaning toward the first one with the colors of the second one. When I went to a meet to watch the other day all the girls were in long sleeve leos except one team in sleeveless. They were the only ones. That is the way I'm going to position this to the girls.

leo mockup2.jpg
leo mockup 4.jpg

The top one looks more like a Leo with matching shorts while the bottom one is definitely a biketard (because of the detail on the legs). I think the design of the top one in use colours of the bottom one sounds really pretty. Has your daughter seen the designs? Does she have an opinion?

It's not my daughter, it's my team. The two who have seen it do like it. I did a mock up with the design on the legs and arms too and it is so pretty. I need to save some money on costs. I am pricing it with the design on the legs as well, but no rhinestones. This would be my preference, but it is $160 like this and I just don't know if my families will balk at that price.
leo mockup.jpg

Adding the shorts part wasn't too much more. The conversation is over. Unitards or no team. My job now is to find them something beautiful to wear.

Ah ok, sorry I misunderstood! It is very very pretty, but wow, that's expensive! Our Leo costs £55 and a coach from another club I train at was shocked at how much it was... Personally I didn't think it was that bad, but I can't imagine paying more than about £70 for a comp Leo! I guess it's different in the states though because from what I've seen they are generally more expensive there...

Those aren't too bad, glad the girls seem to approve. $160 is a bit steep for an Xcel leo, but perhaps you could do some fundraisers to help cut costs for families? Or better yet, tell the parents if the cost seems too much they can arrange a fundraiser ;).

Are these Snowflake leotards? Seems to remind me of their stuff. If so, maybe you can get enough girls on team to get a bigger team discount :)

Around here, Xcel seem to normally wear the same leos as the compulsory girls and they are all expensive. $150 has been the range that we have been in.

Those don't look nearly as bad as I had feared, (I had imagined down to the ankles); but I actually prefer it with no details on the bottom so that it does somewhat look like a leo with some bar shorts.

I'll admit that when I first heard about the unitard option I was thinking the longer leg kind I see little girls wearing at the gym, but those are very pretty!! You did a great job and those girls are going to be setting a trend! Hopefully ya'll can do some fundraising to help with the price!!

Yes, it is from Snowflake and there is a volume discount. I think some fundraising can be arranged. I really value all your opinions and I'm really happy that you all seem to not hate it!
Lol, I thought I recognized the styles. I agree with others - no design on the bottom will look more like a leo with shorts. Snowflake is really good about customizing :) They were willing to take a tank leo design our gym loved and add short sleeves to 2 of them for religious reasons, but then HC decided to just have the team wear their regular long sleeve leos to Nationals in GA in late June last year.

One question - are turquoise and yellow your team colors? And can you get samples to size with? Okay, that was 2 questions.

I actually really like them though I would have them stoned. But around here, image DOES matter in the impression you give at a meet. $160 doesn't seem so bad to me. (Oh how far we have fallen) Our comp leos this year cost over $300. My advice? Don't ask the parents' opinion. You'll get a million of them and you can never please everyone. Especially with the price. YOU decide and TELL them that this is what they will wear.

Who knows? Maybe your girls will start a trend and, a few years from now, ALL our girls will be wearing unitards. They're very pretty and I'm sure your girls will rock them!

Last year at YMCA Nationals, there was a team that was wearing biketards. The bottom was plain, so some people thought they just had shorts on over their leotards, but they were biketards (closer up, you could see there was no waistband of shorts, lol). People liked them!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back