Parents USAG membership fees

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

lisak

Proud Parent
Hi. My first time posting and I've tried looking everywhere before asking here. What does your gym charge you for your USAG fees? I see online the cost of an athlete membership is $54.00 but our gym is saying the fee is a bit higher than that and i can't understand why. Please enlighten me if you have the answer! Thanks!

We have never paid more than the official fee. We have registered 3 times- twice for one DD and once for the other. Each time we have been given the form and turned it into the gym with payment info filled out on it. I am not sure why it would higher.

We have never paid more than the official fee. We have registered 3 times- twice for one DD and once for the other. Each time we have been given the form and turned it into the gym with payment info filled out on it. I am not sure why it would higher.

Yeah we don't even get the application, I only knew about the fees from going to the USAG website. I find it kind of shady which is hard for me to take because it's an awesome gym and my dd excels there. It was also questionable to me that I had just paid the fees last year, two months later she moved up a level and I had to pay the fees again.

Could they be adding in your state membership fee as well?

If they are then they haven't stated that. If it were the case I would think they would say something. This will be her second JO comp season and honestly you're the first person I've ever heard something about state fees from. I didn't even know that existed!

We just pay the $54. They used to have a discount if you paid the fee early but they got rid of that. Also you don't have to pay again if you move up a level mid year, just once per calendar year.

Yeah. USAG fees are paid each year. I think there is a chance, if you join in like February to compete for the first time, that you would pay then, and then have to pay again in August. And it is just $54. We don't have state fees. They could be adding a team fee, but I would ask for sure. Just ask them to tell you waht the fee is going toward. And we always have to fill out the official form...

We have state fees as well and a gym registration fee and the gym (both old and new) have always lumped them all in together. Seems like it usually ends up being around $100 each year. Also, Xcel USAG fees are a different rate as well as I think possibly L1/2, can't remember for sure, so it is possible that if you moved up you would have to pay additional fee.

Reactions: sce
Gyms can register Xcel and L1 and L2 gymnasts as "Introductory Athletes" for $20 or "Athletes" for $54. L3+ Must register as athletes.
So, there would be a $34 balance upon upgrading a membership.

All Memberships run August 1 - July 31.

Gyms can register Xcel and L1 and L2 gymnasts as "Introductory Athletes" for $20 or "Athletes" for $54. L3+ Must register as athletes.
So, there would be a $34 balance upon upgrading a membership.

All Membershfeerun August 1 - July 31.
We paid $50 when she was a L2 and a month later she moved up to L3 and I had to pay $75 which I was told was to upgrade her membership. I'm beginning to feel ripped off. I looked to see if there were state fees for SC and all I could find was a $10 tracking fee ?

We paid $50 when she was a L2 and a month later she moved up to L3 and I had to pay $75 which I was told was to upgrade her membership. I'm beginning to feel ripped off. I looked to see if there were state fees for SC and all I could find was a $10 tracking fee ?
Your gym may be adding a processing fee. Odd but not unheard of. I would just call the accounting person and ask about it. I know it's not a lot of money in the grand scheme but if they are doing this for other fees, it will add up.

We pay $54 for USAG plus a state fee as well, and it all gets added into the team fees. I'm confused about the form, though. I thought it had to be signed by a parent?

It was also questionable to me that I had just paid the fees last year, two months later she moved up a level and I had to pay the fees again.
Was it level 2 to level 3 as I know the fee is lower for level 2. I also concur on the question, did the fee you paid include your state registration as well?

We pay $54 for USAG plus a state fee as well, and it all gets added into the team fees. I'm confused about the form, though. I thought it had to be signed by a parent?
Yes it does but if the club adds or renews online, the form doesn't get sent to USAG.

Reactions: sce
Hi. My first time posting and I've tried looking everywhere before asking here. What does your gym charge you for your USAG fees? I see online the cost of an athlete membership is $54.00 but our gym is saying the fee is a bit higher than that and i can't understand why. Please enlighten me if you have the answer! Thanks!

uh, no. stop trying too understand. if it looks like a skunk...YIKES!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back