Coaches USAG Membership

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

I'm currently weighing the pros and cons of Professional vs. Instructor membership and thought some of the coaches here could offer some feedback. I mainly coach a high school team, so not USAG sanctioned, but also spend time helping out at a USAG club team, though am not the traveling team coach. However, I am thinking about testing to become a compulsory level judge.
Based on my current needs, the Instructor membership is fine, and significantly cheaper, but if I were to decide to judge, I would need the pro membership. So should I just bite the bullet and go for the pro now? Or pay the extra money later if it becomes necessary? Are there really any benefits to the pro membership beyond being able to be on the floor at meets?
And I'm wrestling with whether or not I will actually even be able to take the compulsory judging exam at all this season, or whether it's a little too late in the game for that? Because if that's the case, I could wait until August to get the pro membership.
I've given thought to taking the judging exam for a while and told myself I would go for it when the new JO routines were introduced, but now that I'm in the position of actually shelling out the money I find myself dragging my feet yet again. So I guess I'm just searching for to go for it (or not go for it!).
Thanks!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back