WAG USAG Mobility Question

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

sevenatenine2

Coach
Proud Parent
We compete a state league and have, thus far, had kids compete 2, 3, and Xcel Silver.

I like the state league and we will stay there up to a point, but I'd like my kids to have their USAG mobility scores so that when (if) they want to switch over around Level 6, they can. Does it have to be a sanctioned meet, or can a judge just come to your gym and do it? I have a USAG judge that is local that would come in, but what else do I need to do? Does it have to be a sanctioned meet, or can a judge just come to your gym and do it? I'm assuming register them as USAG athletes? Then do I mail the judge's score to USAG? Help!

Thanks!

My understanding is it can be an intersquad at your gym, but it has to be sanctioned. Our gym has talked for two years about sanctioning an intersquad for this purpose and it never materializes. We do get official judges, but it isn't a sanctioned meet.

i think that mobility meets do not have to be sanctioned. an unsanctioned meet's scores can not be used for qualifying to states, though.

i should have done some fact-checking before posing. you guys are right- does need to be sanctioned (in florida at least).

My understanding is it can be an intersquad at your gym, but it has to be sanctioned. Our gym has talked for two years about sanctioning an intersquad for this purpose and it never materializes. We do get official judges, but it isn't a sanctioned meet.

no. first the meet must be sanctioned. for scores used for mobility it must be a competition between "two" teams. inter-squads don't count.

no. first the meet must be sanctioned. for scores used for mobility it must be a competition between "two" teams. inter-squads don't count.
interesting. our old gym only brought a judge in to score their own girls for mobility..

Dunno: Per the USAG rules it says (seems to indicate intersquads for mobility are allowed)

C. Local Meets

1. Local Meets are not under the organizational responsibilities of the State Administrative Committee; i.e., Meet

Directors may set dates, entry fee and gate fee, may contract their officials (using the USA Gymnastics Contract) or

by requesting the services of the State's judging contractor, and may conduct Team competition.

• Includes dual/triangular meets between clubs, inter-squads, and invitationals.

2. May be used for:

a. mobility only, or

b. qualification to the Pre-Sectional Qualifier (if conducted), Sectional (if conducted) or State Championships, at

the discretion of the State Administrative Committee.

3. May have only one club (team) competing to obtain a Sanction.

4. Must be judged by a minimum of two qualified judges per event.

a. Exception: One-judge panels are allowed at Compulsory levels 1, 2, 3, 4, and 5

b. Any local meet that directly qualifies a Level 5 gymnast to a State meet MUST be judged by a two-judge panel.

c. At Level 1-3, any Professional or Jr. Professional member or Introductory Coach Member (Levels 1-2 & Xcel

only) is allowed to judge; however, the State Administrative Committee determines if any additional criteria will

be used for state organized competitions.

How could they say it doesn't count? We host several invitationals throughout the course of the season. We have a huge team, so sometimes no other gyms sign up, but it really doesn't matter. So if no other gyms sign up then our sanction doesn't count? I don't think so. It's perfectly fine to pull a sanction, bring in a judge (for 4-5) or two (optionals, though this rarely happens) and follow the rules of a sanctioned event (that means all your equipment has to be set up correctly, etc).

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back