Parents Use of chalk on bars question??

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

L5mw

Proud Parent
I am wondering why a coach would remove the use of chalk on bars. The only time my dd has peeled off was when she was not adequetely chalked up.

I am wondering why a coach would remove the use of chalk on bars. The only time my dd has peeled off was when she was not adequetely chalked up.

What age group? What level? Are they using grips? Are they not allowed to use the chalk AT ALL? I need more information.

I understood it to be all team girls level 5-8. They all use dowel grips. The chalk isn't usually put on until two turns for the level 5's. L6 and up do it from the beginning. One day it was taken away - not sure why except the coach was upset with them but there must be a good reason right?

sometimes coaches do this to teach them a lesson about excessive and wasteful chalk usage.

I don't know, but my DD would like to come to your gym. She hates chalk. She says it makes the bars slippery. She would prefer to not use chalk and have no one else use chalk either. She's level 6/7 and doesn't wear grips.

My dd can be found dangling from the bars scraping off chalk now and then - I think it is a delicate balance... Thanks goodness for chalk-eaters!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back