WAG vault question

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

I was at a meet this weekend and watched something that intriqued me. A team was there and the coach was pulling springs for older competitors Level 8's (I think). The first girl almost hit her head on the table. While a different girl seemed to do OK. Why would a coach pull springs for girls when they are competing? The girl that competed with only a few springs was unaware that springs had been pulled... When she was told, she said, that is what was wrong. She was asked how many springs she usually vaulted with and she answered 6. She was VERY confused. Why would a coach pull three springs for a girl competingand not let her know? Is that safe? :confused:

I'm going to guess the equipment was different and the coaches felt the gymnasts needed the adjustment to the springboard. I see the coaches adding springs for my older DD and then taking them away for the smaller girls.

Sometimes you can hear the difference in the springboard when she hurdles !

I'm not really sure what you're asking on this one. I usually had a good idea of how firm each of my kids needed a springboard to be on vault. I would add or remove springs depending on the kid during warm up to make sure we had the right set up before they competed. I'm pretty sure most springboard only hold up to 8 springs. Depending on the configuration, I can't see how you can put only 3 springs in aboard.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back