Video of Kadee's first L4 meet

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Deanna

Moderator/Proud Parent
Proud Parent
Posted the meet results over in the meet results forum. But just got the new video software uploaded to make the video. Im still really new to the software and really need to sit down and figure it out before I do more damage than good with it..lol

Anywho..Im proud of her. Lots of wobbles and bobbles. But got all her "major" skills, and her personal goals (but her beam dismount..went off the wrong side..didnt do the 1/2 twist, 3/4 twist whatever it is..she missed it..twice..lol). She is a fighter and fought to muscle through some of her mess ups. On beam she didnt come off..although I thought she would more than once. And on her handstand forward roll on floor..she almost went back down the wrong way on that..and muscled it back up and over..lol. I love her floor coach's reaction when she does her "prance". Because it took this poor child until this week to get it through her head that she swings the left leg through and starts the prance on the left..not step down with the left..and start the prance on the right. Her coach got a little excited about that..lol. All in all she did good. She really needs to work on polishing things up..but the skills are there..just up from here for her.
[video=youtube;dCcTwRsfYVc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dCcTwRsfYVc[/video]

And here is her video from the same meet last year when she was an L2. I know she is still at a lower level..but it's amazing how much a year can make
[video=youtube;6cnmwnF2GQI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6cnmwnF2GQI[/video]

Kadee did a great job! I loved the handstand forward roll on floor. I thought it was precious and you could tell she was fighting through it. She is a doll!

Thank you ladies. She is one of my pride and joys (my little man too). She had alot of little mistakes..but I think she has a pretty solid foundation to build on for this season. Slow it down, clean it up..and she will be fine..lol. And Sportsmom22..I tried to figure out which was your DD. Never really did until awards and they started anouncing names. She did great..as did the team.

She did a wonderful job! And she is just too darn cute! She definitely has a good foundation to build on. And what a jump in intricacy of routines from L2 to L4! There are so many little things to remember in the L4 floor and beam routines. She's on her way, Mama! ;) Great job, Kadee :)

She did so good for being so little! It is a huge jump from the level 2 routines! A little spit and polish is all she needs!! Great job!! Funny thing, my DD was playing around at open gym with a gym friend and they were doing the L4 bar routine and Alex could not do the shoot through to save her life! It was pretty funny to watch. She also balked at the stride circle!! LOL !!!

She's so cute, good job, Kadee! And good job, mom, with the video! My first efforts were terribly substandard! They still aren't that great...let's face it, I'm not that tech savvy, lol!!

Way to go Kadee! She's got all of the hard stuff down pretty well, now it's just a matter of all the little "fine tuning" type things. But hitting all the big skills is a great start to a new season and a new level! She's such a little cutie and the progress over the year is amazing. I still don't know how the little bitties remember the compulsory routines like they do, they were hard enough for me to memorize as an adult.

She did VERY well. You are right, all the skills are there and that is amazing for 6 yrs old! :) She is absolutely precious. I bet you are going to see a big jump in scores as the year goes on. The details can be the thing that gets the little bitties sometimes. My DD got a 5 on her first several L4 beam routines...without falls...she basically left half of the routine out. ;) She'll get it. I loved your video...thanks for sharing!

Awesome job Kadee! I love the little dance her coach does when she gets the prances right. LOL. It's amazing how much she's improved in a year, and how much bigger she's gotten!

Aw she is so cute. I love watching little ones. Big improvements since last year and this is early in the season. Great job, love the leo.

I just wanted to tell you how much I enjoyed this video & thanks for sharing it with us! Seeing how happy your DD was and just basking in the wonderful memories of that 1st meet, no matter the score, the awkwardness of maybe not doing everything perfectly, just the smiles of a job well done and the joy of being a gymnast was delightful!! My DD had a similar 1st meet (you can see it on Youtube, under Oobie1998) when she first started out in gymnastics. Yesterday she had a rough time qualifying for L6 states. She made it by the seat of her leotard, and in not my usual behavior, was upset with her for not doing better when I should have been praising her for her accomplishments. Maybe it was the early time, lack of sleep, long drive, ect...she has never been about scores, slow to progress thru the levels, but has always worked hard. Seeing your video was a nice reminder how wonderful our kids are and how amazing they are for be able to do what they do! It's not about the scores, it's about the smiles! Good Luck to Kadee this season!

Last edited:
Thank you everyone. She sat down today after school and watched her video. She pointed out the things she did wrong on each. Missed a leap here, bent legs, seperated legs, bent arms there..ect. But she also pointed out the good things she did too. She kept the speed of her run to the vault (that was her personal goal for vault). She made her shoot through (that was her goal on bars). She didnt get her beam dismount (which was her goal for beam) but she stayed on..which she was proud of. And she made her ROBHS on floor. (her goal on floor). Then she said..."I did AN AWESOME cast back hip circle on bars..If I do say so myself." LOL. I really do LOVE her..so much! She has such a awesome attitude.

Thanks for sharing both the videos. ;) What fun memories for both of you! She is a doll and she really does have some great skills. It really is amazing to see how much they grow within a year. Your posts are always so positive and fun to read. ;)

Forgot to add, if Kadee is done with the prance fairies, I would love if she could send them my way! I have a 16 year old who is struggling with the prance step I put into her beam routine and I would love for her to have that same ah-ha moment.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back