Parents Visited by Two Gym Fairies!!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymmonkeymomma

Proud Parent
Big DH who is Level 8 finally got her giants AND her beam connection!!! She is doing BHS step out/BHS step out.

Little DD however is struggling with bars again. Tonight she said we were jumping to HB and I kept missing and coach said if we made it, we would get a prize....well, I didn't make it but X and Y did, and it was ONLY candy.. I didn't want that anyway. :mad::mad::mad: That is so frustrating!! This is the same coach who was not very positive with her issues, and it seems that rather than working on the problem with the skill, she is thinking bribery will help??

Congrats to big DD, that is awesome, she must be so happy.

As to little DD's bar issues, "what was that coach thinking???", is he going to bribe for every skill, sounds like a baaaad plan. As you, I and every other person in the world knows, skills will just come when they are ready:D:D:D. I feel for your little one, she only has so much control over aquiring skills.

Wow

the big DD skills are so cool, I can't imagine my baby gymmie doing those! As for the bribe, yup, I think that is kinda strange too. I don't know too many kids that aren't getting their skills cause they don't want to. I think they will get it when they are ready and all the candy in the world can't make it happen. Good luck with that!:rolleyes:

Great job and congratz to older DD! Those are some pretty big skills:) The coaches bribe the older girls at the gym " If you do your ___ the whole team gets a pizza party" Turns out they don't do it, the girl is already mad she didn't make the skill and above all that her team dosen't get pizza:rolleyes: Don't worry,your dd will get the skill when shes ready, and she will probably do it without a bribe:rolleyes:

That is awesome about big dd !!!! She must be so proud of herself.

Don't worry too much about little dd - she'll get it. Bars are so different from everything else they do in gymnastics. A lot of girls take a little more time getting things on bars (my dd included). Does bribery work - I think we all wish it would - if it did we would probably all have perfect gymnasts - so obviously it doesn't. Kids should be rewarded for working hard and trying - not only getting the skill.

Congrats on the Giants!! WOO HOO! Beetle LOVES doing giants.

And contected flight! We ware still working that one.. she can do BHS BWO, and BHS, swing arms BHS all day but we just cant get the connection yet.

Great job again on those big L8 skills!

What is she working on vault and Floor?

What is she working on vault and Floor?

She's been working on tsuk's. On Floor, she's had her full for over a year, she has tried 1 & a halves... She's looking for music to get a new routine. Her old one was designed to be able to go right into L8 from 7, but it's just not "her".

Awesome about the giants and beam connection. :D

Ugh about a coach trying to bribe the kids. Especially when they don't follow up on said bribe. There is a coach at DDs gym that tells them he will give them money if they go get a mat, etc, then doesn't. My daughter says he was only kidding. I think, he was only lying. They always have to get mats anyway, why do that?

She's been working on tsuk's. On Floor, she's had her full for over a year, she has tried 1 & a halves... She's looking for music to get a new routine. Her old one was designed to be able to go right into L8 from 7, but it's just not "her".

Beetle is flipping her tsuk by her self into the pit with an 8 inch mat stacked in the pit. I hope she will get it when they start flipping on regular mats

She competed L7 with a full and now is doing full and a halfs they look pretty good. she is also doing a front hs Front layout

Our Level 8 Challenge is going to be a Piorette on bars, Does your coach require a change of Direction for L8 Bars?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back