Parents Want To Keep DD at Same Gym But Worried About Getting Her There in Time

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

NewGymMominCA

Proud Parent
Hi All,

When I signed my DD up for gym. this past February, I had no idea that she would be even considered gymnastics team material...as she was already 7 (and I thought that was only for the girls who started when they were very little) and had never done any gym before...

But, she seemed to take to it - like a fish to water. And, was invited to join one of their team development classes...a few months after starting gym....now she's on pre-team.

Here's the problem....her gym is a few minutes from our home but her school is far from her gym. Very long story...I commute a long way to work and her school - although it is far - is very good (and close enough to my job so I can pick her up in time).

Anyway...I am now worried about - how - I will be be able to make this work - when - she starts Level 3 team. (I don't know when that starts - but - I imagine it won't be for awhile since she has a long way to go with beam).

I have thought about switching her to another location - same gym - but different location (they are a chain). HOWEVER, I love LOVE her gym - at the location where - she goes.

The coaches are the BEST. I know she is in good hands every time I take her there. They are super knowledgeable, nurturing, supportive, motivational and know how to keep it fun.

Furthermore, my DD has really bonded with them and her team mates are great.....

But - I am worried about how I could get her there for 3:30pm practices. I completely understand if they would have a problem with this...as it would not seem fair to the rest of the team if she gets there - super late (I mean at least an hour late).:(

So....I am not sure what to do....

I have thought about emailing the head coach...to see if we could meet and discuss how I could keep her there at her gym - when she's on team. Maybe ask if it she could make up missed practice time - by taking privates???

I love her gym so much - that I wouldn't mind paying for the privates - just to keep her there...and feel sad when I think about how this might not work....as she would have to get to practice late...and I'm sure that's really frowned upon...:(

Thanks for *listening*...and any advice would be great...

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back