Parents We hit the frustration point!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

gwenmom

Proud Parent
Dd seems to have one skill each year that comes harder than the others. This year is the kip

Well Monday we had the emotional breakdown that seems to come once each year. Usually it is followed in a week or two with the skill being achieved. Hope the pattern follows and she sees the break through soon.

Had to point out to her even if she is the last to get her kip (so far she isnt) she is the first to vault over the table with no spot and that every one gets things in their own time.

DD is also training for her kip and it is the last skill she needs to move up. It has been slow, but that is not unusual from what I read here. It will come :)

My DD is learning how to kip, but since she doesnt need it for level 3 yet unless they want bonus points. Shes so close to getting it. Shes was upset that she didnt have it yet but I explained to her that everyone learns at their own pace and it will come to her. Best of luck to your DD

I dont think they get bonus points for doing Kip in Lv3 Bars. Do they?

My dd is in the same boat right now. She got 3 kips without spot about 5 days ago, but that's about it. Coz now, she can't even do one anymore. She really wants to get her kip but I have been telling her she has a year to get it.

I dont think they get bonus points for doing Kip in Lv3 Bars. Do they?

My dd is in the same boat right now. She got 3 kips without spot about 5 days ago, but that's about it. Coz now, she can't even do one anymore. She really wants to get her kip but I have been telling her she has a year to get it.

You're right, no bonus points, routines are worth the same with or without the kip! My DD is working hers too, but I have no issues if she doesn't get it in time to compete it at L3. It's her favorite skill to work on but she knows she doesn't need it either, so isn't stressing about it.

bonus point? no they technically dont give bonus points BUT in every meet we went to, IF you performed the kip with STRAIGHT ARMS, you outscored a routine without one. But beware, if you do the kip with bent arms, you were better off omitting the skill and just doing the swing.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back