Coaches What do you wear to meets?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

sevenatenine2

Coach
Proud Parent
What do you wear to coach in?

I usually wear some sweat pants to coach in, but I'd like to look a bit nicer at competition. Nobody wants to see me in yoga pants, but that's about all I'm finding in stores. I know we're not supposed to wear jeans. Are khakis okay?

Black yoga pants/stretch type pants or mesh shorts and our gym logo t - shirt. I tank only on super hot days in the summer.

Khakis CAN be worn for a professional look (I have seen it) ... but may be uncomfortable for spotting. Our coaches wear the team Warm Ups (Jacket and pants)... but tend to ditch the jacket and wear a team shirt after they get the blood flowing.

If you don't have team warm ups, track pants or a NICE pair of sweatpants (hemmed bottom, not elastic and FLAT waistband - not drawstring or the tight bunched waistband)... or a pair of basic cotton poly knit pants (not tight & clingy like leggings or yoga pants, but still stretchy and able to move with you).

I personally own 10 pairs of the knit pants... all black (plus 8 pairs of the same in capri length and several of the same in shorts length... Since I am short, I have to lift the pants when I walk outside... the capris are less than 1 inch too short to be long pants unless I get petite- then they are still only 3 inches too short... and the shorts go down to my knees).

Also common to see "warmup" pants like these(just as comfy as sweatpants, but more professional looking):

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    100.9 KB · Views: 33
You would be arrested here if you wore pants lol. It means underwear!

People do coach in shorts but you don't see them at competitions. Might be a rule about that here.
Oh! Warmups then! Bummer about no shorts, if its hot that is what I am in here in the states. :)

Club warm-up jacket, club logo'd polo shirt, black warm-ups slacks (I call them pants) , black shorts underneath, and competition athletic shoes. We ask all coaches (employees) to wear our logo'd collared shirts. They are given choices before ordering. We offer different styles of shirts and Warm-up Jackets/slacks (again pants). Male/female in several styles and sizes are offered. The offerings are certainly tending in the more conservative direction.

In my region, many male coaches wear athletic shorts during event rotations. Track ensembles during introductions/awards/other. From what I see, female coaches vary between yoga style and track pants. (Thank goodness none of my fellow male coaches have worn yoga pants to meets. :);)) The past few years the coaches professional attire choices have improved.

Best, SBG -

Oh for meets....club Polo shirt and black stretch or yoga pants. Definitely not shorts or tanks. Lol I re-read my post.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back