What else can i do?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

I already do splits at home. I was wondering what type of excersise i should be doing and how many to see results in the gym. I use to have my press to handstand, but lost it. i also have trouble getting enough jump in my back handspring and i can lean all the way over the bar but i have a hard time controlling how far i lean so when i do handstands i can't really pull my self back over and collapse. What are some strength excersise i can do to help with these? Also i have very small leaps and jumps. I don't have ankle weights or anything so how do i improve these besides from practicing all the time. Would hanging on a bar with my feet in a split or straddle help? Thanks so much xx

Why not ask your coach to write you a conditioning program for home. It would be hard for anyone here to give you a good program because we don't know your current strength level and we would either make it too easy and therefore have little benefit or make it too hard and your would develop bad habits by doing it incorrectly.

It's kind of hard for me to approach my coaches. I'm very shy in real life and approaching them would be too overwhelming.. which is why i asked you guys. Its doesn't make me nearly as anxious. It is also alot less stressful. But ok, thank you!

You should defiantly talk to your coach. This will also show your coach that you are willing to do more at home. I always tell my girls if you don't talk to me how would I know.

My coach gives us a conditioning schedule for home. My coach also schedules a team conditioning night every night. We go to one of our houses, or the coaches house, or wherever we want, and we condition together as a team. Actually, it's really fun to do it because were not rushed and exhausted at the gym.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back