WAG What is the deduction for...

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

I cannot believe my dd made this mistake. She is beating herself up over it. (I was shocked, too! Though at least I am telling her she has to cut herself some slack.) She's a 9 yo L6, so she truly knows better. And during her floor routine, she lifted her hand and brushed her hair back behind her ear! (She was at the slight pause in the routine getting ready for the ROBHSBT.) That's like doing a wedgie pull! It's cute when little L2s and L3s do that in their first meet. But at L6, not so much. Anyway, wondering what the deduction is for that?

I can't imagine a judge taking more than a tenth. Since it is compulsories, guess you could call it "making a small change to routine", which is 0.1. Made me smile, though. It is always the little things that they beat themselves up over!:)

Our coach won't let the girls on the competition floor with any hair flyways! She carries hair spray 'just in case'! Simple hair...a pony tail or bun but sprays everything till it's stuck like glue! If your daughter's hair is prone to wispies, maybe an extra spray before check in?!

Our coach won't let the girls on the competition floor with any hair flyways! She carries hair spray 'just in case'! Simple hair...a pony tail or bun but sprays everything till it's stuck like glue! If your daughter's hair is prone to wispies, maybe an extra spray before check in?!

Oh, I will definitely be doing that from now on! lol Nope, this has never been an issue for her before. But you are right. I think the simpler the hair, the better. I can't do fancy hair anyway...so maybe I can finally talk her into doing just a pony tail!

Even when the hair is perfect, they can do stuff like this :) My L6 DD has a habit of pulling her leo down in back after a routine...even though she does not have a wedgie :) She did it very subtly during her 1st L6 floor routine! Luckily, I don't think the judge saw it because she got a 9.4, and hasn't gotten close to that since.

I have a high school gymnast that brushes back her hair on beam as a nervous habit. She assured me it wouldn't happen at a meet because her hair is so slicked back, but sure enough it did! At our pre-meet practice this past week she brushed it back in the middle of her cw-cw series on beam :eek:. Fortunately that didn't happen at the meet! You just hope they learn their lesson the first time around and it doesn't happen again. No need to worry unless it becomes a constant thing.

oops, i had commented, but i was thinking she was younger.. poor lil 9 y.o. though, i don't look forward to my dd knowing when she messed up and when she didn't.. she's so little now she only knows what we tell her.

bet she won't forget again!

My dd used to have a bad habit of doing that while working on beam in compulsories. She always said she was going to work it into a move in her routine when she got to optionals!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back