WAG What is your favorite audio editor for cutting floor music?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

teksquad

Proud Parent
Hi Everyone. I use Audacity for many other things and love it, but find it a bit tedious and imprecise when it comes to editing out sections of music. Perhaps I just need to buckle down and work with it some more. However, I thought I would ask you all who have edited floor music before- what is your favorite program to use?

I LOVE Garage Band. It came pre-loaded on my Mac. I tried Audacity once, but didn't like it. With Garage Band, I am able to be precise in what I cut out... down to 0.1 second.

I used sound studio a while back and found it really easy and accurate. I've tried many of the freeware/ shareware/trial programs since I upgraded os but was planning on buying sound studio 4 for Osx as I haven't found anything as good.

Think I have GarageBand bundled so might check that out too.

Last edited:
Thanks, you guys! I have plunked myself down and have discovered that Audacity can really splice apart music- I was able to go down as much as 1/10,000th of a second. But boy howdy, what a needle in a haystack! The sound pattern just flies by, and to find where I started my selection to adjust it, I have to backtrack manually. I did find some handy zoom in and zoom out buttons, but it is still tedious. My hat is off to every single one of you who has edited a music track for a floor routine!

I have a windows system, but if I borrow a friend's Mac, you have given me some good starting points. Thanks! I will check out Reaper too- thanks!

Tek; I use both Audacity, iMovie and Garageband on a MacBook.

Garageband works well enough when I am editing a vid's soundtrack and working within the iMovie software. Typically if I need a promo vid I can use iMovie/Garageband as they pass the digital components back and forth.

I utilize the paid version of Audacity when I am working FX music (or even when I am working with a recording of me and my acoustic guitar). Being able to zero down to the smallest element and thereby select exactly where volume/sound quality changes need to be, add tracks/mix is my attraction to the software. It exports the worked on music

I also use Audacity and it works well for me. You can zoom in to see the bars for every note, which helps in being more precise. I have cut my daughter's floor music & other gymnast's music and have found it to be easy. I may try the others too just to get a comparison.

Select section, with beginning and end points , little triangles. Zoom to selection.

Having trouble posting, sorry. Play will now start from section, not beginning. Google audacity cut edit music and you'll find heaps of help

Audacity is excellent, easy to use, and free.

If you want something more powerful, Reaper's the way to go.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back