WAG What level xcel would I be?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

D

Deleted member 17723

I'm thinking of doing xcel next year- can someone give me an idea of what level I would be? I will list the skills I have that are competition ready below (i can compete them)
Floor
Front handspring
Roundoff backhandspring backhandspring
side ariel
Front handspring stepout round off backhandspring stepout
switch leap and switch side
most jumps
Beam
cartwheel
backwalkover backwalkover
handstand stepdown backwalkover
leap, variety of jumps
l4/l5 dismount
Bars
Kip
Front hip circle
squat on
long hang kip
back hip circle underswing
tap swings-half turn dismount
Vault
front handspring over table

These are skills that I have but aren't comp ready quite yet
Floor
Roundoff backhandspring back tuck
front ariel
punch front
Beam
Backhandspring (low beam)
punch front dismount
front walkover
Bars
Free hip
flyaway (still a little messy)

Any ideas on what level I would be able to compete in the fall?

Gold....keep working the other skills and you will get to platinum easily. You technically have to enter in at gold anyways. Score out of gold to platinum is 31AA.

Gold....keep working the other skills and you will get to platinum easily. You technically have to enter in at gold anyways. Score out of gold to platinum is 31AA.
About what JO level is gold and platnium?

There is a big range in skills for Xcel. Gold ranges from 3-6 and plat is 4-8, according to the COP.

what skills will I need for platnium?

Wow I was thinking I was high end of silver, low end of gold... I guess I was wrong!

Wow I was thinking I was high end of silver, low end of gold... I guess I was wrong!

Yes and no. It depends entirely on how xcel is handled in your area, and most importantly, in your gym. My DDs gold routines would barely have been bare minimum for silvers at some gyms, and the platinums would be closer to silver or gold. It's all so very subjective that it can actually get a little confusing.

I think you are on the lower end of gold for floor, but it varies by area. Where I am, almost everyone competes at least a front tuck and round off 2 back handsprings, but at one meet there was a team that only did a side aerial and round off back handspring. On bars if you get your free hip and flyaway well, you could compete platinum. On beam, you would need one B skill, and if you don't have it, a full turn. On floor I think all you need is your back tuck, but I'm not sure.

I think you are on the lower end of gold for floor, but it varies by area. Where I am, almost everyone competes at least a front tuck and round off 2 back handsprings, but at one meet there was a team that only did a side aerial and round off back handspring. On bars if you get your free hip and flyaway well, you could compete platinum. On beam, you would need one B skill, and if you don't have it, a full turn. On floor I think all you need is your back tuck, but I'm not sure.

You don't *need* a back tuck for platinum. One of our platinums didn't have one. She did robhsbhs, FHS step out robhs, and front tuck/ front tuck. I don't know what all of the b skills on beam could be, but we had girls do RO and dive cartwheels, although some just did the bhs. One girl did a scale. There are a lot of ways to make the skills for each level. To the OP, have you asked your gym what level they feel your skills fit into?

I know she doesn't need a back tuck, but if she's close it would be easier for her to get than a front handspring front tuck or front tuck front tuck. Also an easy B on beam is a split quarter, but a round off, BHS, and handstand forward roll are other options.

I would say Gold. Almost all Golds here do a BT on floor. Everything else I think you are good.

I have my bt, and it isn't awful, I could definitely compete it by the fall. I have my full turn on beam, and I'm working on my valdez (not sure what a valdez is for difficulty). I have not asked my coach as I wasn't in the gym for a while (injuries) and I would be going to a different gym to do this. I also have a split half on beam, but I can't seem to master the quarter :rolleyes::D

There are not extra bonus points for difficulty in xcel. You can do the Valdez but won't get a bonus for it.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back