What skills does a gymnast need to move to level 1?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Does anyone know or know where to find a list of skills a girl needs to move from beginner to Level 1? TIA!

Most gyms don't do L1 at least not in my area they usually start at L4 around here.

with that said many use the requirements for L1 - L3 for the Pre-teams. So last time I saw them here is what the first level pre-teams did

Level 1 Vault- arm circle, punching the spring board, straight jump on an 8
inch mat

Level 1 Bars- 2 foot pullover, casting, back hip circle, push away dismount

Level 1 Balance beam- front support, candle stick, arabesque, coupe walks,
releve (tiptoe) walks, straight (stretch) jump on beam, straight (stretch) jump
dismount.

Level 1 floor- forward roll, backward roll, cartwheel,
candlestick, bridge up, side roll, leg swings, coupe walks, tuck jump

I'm only a mom with kids in this for the past 15 years so I'm sure I may have something wrong here and some coach or judge will correct me if I'm wrong

Dunno you are on a roll LOL!

Shell just ask the coach at your gym then because if it isn't for team and its just for rec classes then its totally up to the gym to make those decisions. What your gym calls "Level 1" can be very diffent from what other gyms use that term for

At Pickle's gym, it's turning 5. Before that, you need to be in the preschool class (they say it's for insurance reasons - personally I think it's about managing parents). But, once you turn 5, you can join the L1 rec team.

Most team kids don't start out in rec though. Usually they are funelled through developmental or pre-team until they can join the L4 team.

Pickle that is so true. Also if they don't know you want to move to team or the parents don't seem supportive sometimes they don't look to move you there either.

I just want to say thank you for all the responses. I went ahead and signed dd up for an evaluation and she passed to level 1!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! She did her pull over by herself for the very first time during the test. She was so excited and it just gave her triple the motivation. I am so proud of her and the smile on her face during level 1 practices is priceless! She now wants to go everyday. (Not happening, but it sure is cute to see her excitement)

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back