WAG what to do if you don't qualify for states

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

W

westernsuzy

My dd (Level 6), who is usually a very strong gymnast, missed several meets due to injury, and has only one meet to qualify for states, which is early. If she doesn't qualify, what happens? Does she have to repeat the level? I ask this assuming that she has everything back in strong form my early May. Thank you.

I am not help, as I don't know, but wanted to wish your DD good luck in her meet. Hopefully she will do well and it's a non-issue.

Just re-read your question...if you're asking if a gymnast must compete at states to move up per USAG rules, I would think that's a no, provided she gets the 31 AA move up minimum. Otherwise, all the kids who get sick or injured and can't compete at states would have to repeat a level, and we know that doesn't happen.

that's true. Minimum for states is 32.5... she has met the 31 already... so move-up minimum and States qualifying minimum are different?

Yes, they can be different. States qualifying scores vary by state and level. Here, girls need a 32 at L6 for states. Good luck to your DD!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back