WAG When is your first compulsory meet?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

munchkin3

Proud Parent
Just curious to hear how much time people have before their first meet.
Ours is September 19 or so.

Our compulsory girls are all doing spring season, and their first meet isn't scheduled until late Jan or early Feb. In past years, they would have their first meet in December.

The compulsories at DD's gym will have judges' cup in a few weeks (I think it's August 24th). Strange that we won't be there for the 1st time in 3 years. DD will be competing level 6 so she has a few more months of practice before her 1st meet. I hope that the compulsory parents will post video here-would love to see how the new routines are looking!

Our compulsories and optionals are all on the spring schedule. First meet is usually the beginning of January.

There is a fall compulsory season here, but not all gyms participate. I am very glad that we do not. Many gymns in our area do both compulsory seasons. Those meets start beginning of October I believe with Fall state in December.

The meet schedule has not been provided to the parents and gymnasts yet, but our parent meeting is usually the of August, so we will know soon.

Our first possible is sept 7th, but coaches wanted an extra two weeks so its the 21st of september.
I cant wait to see what it all looks like at meet time!

Is it pretty typical that a gym will hold a mock meet? I think my dd would really benefit from that!!!

Yes, mock meets or intrasquads are common. They given the girls (and coaches) a chance to get judges feedback prior to the actual meet season

Is it pretty typical that a gym will hold a mock meet? I think my dd would really benefit from that!!!

I think it is pretty common. Our gym will have one in Nov. We might even have a couple of other really small gyms come as well. It is good practice for the kids and since all of our meets require traveling 3+ hours, it is the only time some relatives get to see what all the fuss is about.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back