Where to Buy Scrunchies

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

All Chalked Up

Coach
Gymnast
I was wondering where you can buy plain scrunchies. I got my comp.leo second hand this year, and the girl who used to have it couldn't find the scrunchie to go with it, so I need to find a yellow scrunchie ASAP. Even a white one that I could dye yellow would be alright! If anyone has any ideas please tell me, thanks!

Most of the gymnastics leotard websites have them and I've seen them at dance stores. Otherwise if you know anybody that sews they only take a few minutes to make. All you need is a little bit of fabric and a piece of elastic.

Thnaks, they're good ideas but my parents won't let me buy them off a website as the shipping is like 10 dollars and the scrunchies are 3 dollars = 13 dollars for a scrunchie.

You could try dance/cheer type stores, hair supply stores, or maybe even a place like Claire's. If your gym has leos for sale, they might have a few scrunchies available as well.
Do you need to have the scrunchie? I imagine it would be easy to find a piece of ribbon to go with your leo to wear in your hair, or even just a plain hair elastic. It's not as fun, but would do the job if you can't find any other solution. Or like others have said, you could always make one. There might be other girls at your gym in the same situation, maybe a gym mom or coach with access to a sewing machine would be willing to make a few for a more cohesive team look.

Check with your gym office many times they have some extras in the office. If not there then they reallly are easy to make takes only about 5 min total time to sew one up. If not skill there then check your local "dance and Cheer" store. there are lots of stores around for dancers check the yellow pages to see where they are in your area. Many of them have them too. And any of the "hair stores" like Claires, has them. If you are going to a bigger meet in the near future many of the "trading posts" they set up have them for about a buck for sale.

Here is a link if you want to sew your own on a machine
YouTube - Lesson 4 - Easy How to Sew a Scrunchy Ponytail Holder

Here is one if you want to sew by hand both only take a few min to sew
How to make a hair scrunchie

Last edited by a moderator:
It isn't really "plain" but I have seen girls take a regular hair tie and tie little strips of ribbons all the way around it, that way you could have a yellow scrunchie. This seems like a good idea to me as I am totally bad at sewing ;)

I don't know how much shipping would be to Canada (where about in Canada are you?)...but if you go to Lion's Paw Leos facebook page and post a message (and please post that I sent you), I'll just bet my daughter would make one for you for next to nothing, plus actual shipping cost to wherever you are...she's nice that way...send a pic of your leo or let us know what actual color yellow-lt. yellow, bright yellow, etc. and if (lycra, mystique, hologram fabric)....and we could try to match it.

Honestly these things aren't hard to sew even for the non sewer. If I can get a group of 15 6 and 7 year old Girl Scout to hand sew these you can do it too. It really isn't hard at all.

I've had to buy some last minute scrunchies, too. I've had the best luck with Claires and their "sister" store, Icing. You could also try other beauty supply stores and maybe even dollar stores. Good luck!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back