Which floor music? DD can't decide which she likes best!!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

AlexsGymmyMom

Proud Parent
My DD really wants to have "Defying Gravity" http://floorexpressmusic.com/full-length-demos/CD1506-Defying Gravity (Wicked)-Demo.mp3 but it is not on any of the discs her gym gave her to listen too. I am not sure if the gym will let her go outside of the ones they have provided but anyway........

Her other choices are ..... Harry Potter (Hedwigs theme) http://floorexpressmusic.com/full-length-demos/CD1515-Hedwig's Theme (Harry Potter)-Demo.mp3 I can't find the exact cut but this one is similar, or Smooth Criminal (Michael Jackson) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H56NlfmcItM&feature=related. There is one more but I have no idea what it is called (disc 2 track 14 LOL!!) or how to get it on this post.

Any thoughts?

What level is this for? Just curious :). I am pretty sure my DD would pick Hedwig's theme, she is slightly Harry obsessed.

Either prep op or Level 7. They have not told us for certain. They just gave Alex the discs on Tuesday and said to pick out a few and return them on Thursday. She is still lacking her giants (very close). Outside of that she has all her L7 skills

I love "Defying Gravity". My daughter almost picked that as her L8 music this year. I would check with the coaches and see if they would consider letting her use it even though it is not on the Cd's that they provided.

My DD had Hedwig's theme for the past 2 years and LOVED it this year they wanted her to pick something new so she has a spanish type clasical music forget the name at the moment. Everyone that heard it loved it and she had a great routine that fit her style.

Defying Gravity is one of those that my DD might have gone for but in the meets we have been to that is a fairly popular piece of music. She tries to stay away from music she hears over and over again.

Sounds like your dd might be more of a dramatic dancer type floor girl like my DD is than the up beat tumbler type

One of the others my DD considered was "Man of LaMancha"

I love the song defying gravity, but that version of it really doesn't do the dramatics of the music justice. Out of the three, I like the Harry Potter cut the best. JMO. Good luck to her.

I agree...I love the song Defying Gravity but I think songs with words sound cheesy a lot of the time when they are made into floor music. I like the Harry Potter choice best. Level 7 maybe...how exciting!!! :)

Well, the gym did not really like any of Alex's music choices. They think she needs more upbeat music. She prefers the more dramatic stuff.

I could tell she was a little disappointed. I let her pick the music out herself without imput from me. I really wanted this to be all her own choice!

Her coach liked Defying Gravity ok but said she would try to find "Popular" also from Wicked. Alex must have told her that she really liked that song alot. Can you tell my DD LOVES the musical Wicked? If any one on CB knows where I could find that floor music please let me know! I have been unsuccessful trying to find it myself.

For popular you can buy it from amazon for $0.99.

Amazon.com: Popular (Karaoke Instrumental Track) [In the Style of Wicked]: ProSound Karaoke Band: MP3 Downloads

It would need to be cut as it is long but you could ask her coaches if they could do it, download a program and do it your self or see if someone on here could do it for you if you email them the music and they can cut it and email it back. If you do need some help I can probably cut it for you if you need help.

Hopefully this works.

Oh also I forgot to add, that I didn't listen to the whole demo to see if it was good or not so listen to that before you purchase if you decide too.

What type of upbeat music did the coach suggest (any titles of songs)?

Ok so give us a description of your DD. Her personality, her likes and dislikes, what music would she never go for etc. and we can put on our thinking caps and make suggestions.

Ok so give us a description of your DD. Her personality, her likes and dislikes, what music would she never go for etc. and we can put on our thinking caps and make suggestions.

She would never go for anything country or celtic or spanish. She turned her nose up at all of those types of music. She prefers the pop or rock type music. I would describe her as having a very happy, easy going personality. She is never going to be the super go getter but she will also never be a slacker. Thanks for offering ideas! I think because I am the mom she tunes out my suggestions....gotta love preteens!!

She would never go for anything country or celtic or spanish. She turned her nose up at all of those types of music. She prefers the pop or rock type music. I would describe her as having a very happy, easy going personality. She is never going to be the super go getter but she will also never be a slacker. Thanks for offering ideas! I think because I am the mom she tunes out my suggestions....gotta love preteens!!

My DD really liked this one version of "Axel F"...I think it was on energym. It is upbeat and cool...but of course Axel F is one of those songs everyone knows. I don't know if that is good or bad. One of our girls at the gym is doing "Proud Mary" which is really cool...another is doing "Party Rock Anthem"...not so sure about that one! ;)

My DD does not like the spanishy sounding music either. We listened to like a million songs I think and she picked the one that I had picked out for her in the beginning! Toooo funny.

My DD really liked this one version of "Axel F"...I think it was on energym. It is upbeat and cool...but of course Axel F is one of those songs everyone knows. I don't know if that is good or bad. One of our girls at the gym is doing "Proud Mary" which is really cool...another is doing "Party Rock Anthem"...not so sure about that one! ;)

My DD does not like the spanishy sounding music either. We listened to like a million songs I think and she picked the one that I had picked out for her in the beginning! Toooo funny.

Alex likes the Party Rock Anthem but we are not sure our gym will go for it! We have listened to so many songs they are all sounding alike to us.

that was one I was going to suggest. I know what you mean though my DD just picked new music this summer (she likes classical and the spanish type or dramatic) After awhile of listening they all started to blend together.

I like the harry potter theme we used the one by floor music express because the gym we were at said we could only choose our music from them but I like the Energym Version better. Also from energym would she go for "So What" That was one my DD liked but knew it didn't go with her style of doing floor - she is more dramatic and ballet like on the floor.

I downloaded both "party rock anthem" and "so what" and we will take them in and hope the coaches like one of them. This is sooo much harder than I thought!

My DD had 6 choices she gave to the coach she ended up with her 3rd choice "Asturias" but her top 3 were really a tie in her mind. She started with a list of 25 she just had to have. Coach told her no more than 5 choices but DD gave her 6 LOL. Now we are waiting for the choreography that should be after labor day - I was hoping they would have given it to her by now but not yet.

DD is having Hedwig's Theme for her level 7/Prep Op gold routine. She is lacking fight on beam, and just got her giants on single rail.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back