WAG Xcel Silver Routines

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

dmbgymnast

Gymnast
What do average routines look like in xcel silver (for all events, besides vault)? What is considered a max routine?

If you post your region, repliers will be able to give you a more specific answer. Also, you can look on youtube for routines to compare.

DD did silver last year, and is repeating this year. I believe her routines were pretty much at the max. On floor she did a robhsbt as her tumbling pass, and a fhsfhs as her second pass. She had a full turn on floor and various split leaps and jumps. On beam she did a full turn, a bwo, and a bt dismount. I believe this year she is hoping to connect her bwo to the bt dismount. On bars she did a kip, bhs, squat on, jump to high bar, kip, bhs, tap swing (?) dismount. I believe her bar routine will be the same this year.

Our gym (and I know it is very different from gym to gym) requires the kids to kip at silver, and to have either a front tuck or back tuck for floor. Some gyms we competed against had very similar routines, others were muchless - some gyms only had the girls do a bhs on floor, and they never jumped to the high bar.

Routines run the gamut. On bars, some routines stay on low bar while others go to high bar.

Bars (easy): Pullover, cast, back hip circle, cast, underswing dismount.
Bars (max): Kip, cast squat on, high bar kip, back hip circle, sole circle dismount.

Beam (easy): Leg swing mount, stand, 1/2 turn, 90º split jump or leap, 3/4 handstand, straight jump dismount.
Beam (max): Mount, stand, full turn, split jump, back walkover, Barani dismount.

Floor (easy): roundoff-rebound-backward roll, forward roll-stepout to cartwheel, leap - step - hop with free leg to horizontal, full turn.
Floor (max): ROBHSBT, FHS, switch leap, wolf jump, 3/2 turn.

I'd say look on YouTube. Or you can ask our coaches, esp J and K. They will know obviously what they are expecting you to do. Based from the other YMCA silvers I have seen they followed a similar to l3 and l4 routine.

For silver I'm doing these routines:
Bars: Pull up pullover, cast shoot through, mill circle, cut back, cast, under swing dismount (I previously was working a more difficult routine but my coach wanted to simplify it)
Beam: Handstand, Roundoff dismount (I'm not sure what turns, jumps, etc I'm doing yet)
Floor: (again, I only know the tumbling passes I'm doing) Roundoff backwards roll (might compete a ROBHS instead though) and some sort of second pass.
I don't compete until January so my routines could definitely look much different by then. I'm in region 8 by the way.

Routines run the gamut. On bars, some routines stay on low bar while others go to high bar.

Bars (easy): Pullover, cast, back hip circle, cast, underswing dismount.
Bars (max): Kip, cast squat on, high bar kip, back hip circle, sole circle dismount.

Beam (easy): Leg swing mount, stand, 1/2 turn, 90º split jump or leap, 3/4 handstand, straight jump dismount.
Beam (max): Mount, stand, full turn, split jump, back walkover, Barani dismount.

Floor (easy): roundoff-rebound-backward roll, forward roll-stepout to cartwheel, leap - step - hop with free leg to horizontal, full turn.
Floor (max): ROBHSBT, FHS, switch leap, wolf jump, 3/2 turn.

We are region 6. Most of the routines I saw had at the very least bhsbhs on floor, and were split between bwo and cartwheel on beam. Probably about 80% of the kids jumped to high bar for bars.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back