WAG yet another injury

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

gymgurl

Coach
Gymnast
So, I have had a streak of bad luck and my most recent was a fluke accident involves a potentially (but highly unlikely) fractured heel. So, I was at adult gym with most of the other coaches and was measuring my starting point so that I could work on round off flic double twist. I do round off flic lay into the pit and BANG my heel hits concrete.

So, the pit in theory is 3 layers, foam then trampoline then more foam. Somehow i managed to find my way though all of this to concrete underneath. My heel now is very sore to walk on most surfaces and barely tolerable on hard ground. I have a comp tomorrow so have sucked it up and did mock comp today. Heel very sore and surprisingly hurts less while tumbling than walking - or at least i don't notice it as much.

Conveniently, i had a physio appointment booked for the next morning for a pulled groin, and I asked about it then, she put ultrasound on it which should have made it very very painful if it was fractured and it didn't feel painful, so fingers crossed!!

I have another appointment in a week and if its still sore then i have to get an xray but fingers crossed its better!!

I am just angry right now because its an injury that shouldn't have happend - i was going into the pit. FAR OUT!

It was pretty bad today after training when i went to mall to do some errands and i got stranded in a shop because I couldn't walk.

Not asking for medical advice, just ranting. If you got this far well done you deserve a medal

Sorry to hear this. Injuries are so frustrating. Here's hoping it is only really bruised!

Feeling much better now! Physio put ultrasound through it to cause vibrations and thus look/test for fracture - as that turned out negative she said if it still hurts in a few days/next time I see you we will X-ray. It is feeling much better and the fatty pad on heel is just bruised

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back