Yet another injury

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

My poor daughter, 11, has been injured on and off for two years. She has finally had a pain free month with continued stretching and icing. Her gym is starting to come back and she is rebuilding her confidence, it has been a long, tough road.

So guess what? She went tubing, on ice/snow, yesterday at a birthday party and hurt her hand, it is all swollen and she cannot put any weight on it. She iced it last night and today but by 4pm when I met her at the gym from school she could not even do a handstand, the coach sent her home with me.

I have an emergency appointment with the sport therapist tomorrow at 9am (great to live in a ski town as we can always get seen), hopefully all will be well. Cross your fingers for her please, she has her next comp on the 10th Feb and has been working so hard mentally and physically to be prepared.

So, she is now stretching in the playroom whilst her sister is at the gym. SH the joys of childhood???

Thanks for listening....:eek:

I am sooo sorry. That is just awful. I will certainly keep her in my prayers.

We have been injury free so far ( w/ exception of ankle pain - dd has a weak ankle that bothers her from time to time) but have had to watch others who are injured and it is heartbreaking. All the hard work they do and to have to see them watch from the sidelines is hard.

Keep posted on how it goes w/ the doctor.

Oh your poor daughter (and you too!) I'm sure it's hard to keep going on an injury roller coaster ride. Hopefully it won't be serious. ((HUGS))

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back