MAG Yup...not watching

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Men's Artistic Gymnastics

skschlag

Staff member
Gold Membership
Proud Parent
Showed up at practice with like 20 minutes left. I thought I would catch conditioning, so I had my book and was just going to sit. But nope...high bar. sigh. Finally got to see him working his geinger. Not sure I can watch that!!! I think the rest of my hair turned gray!!!!

Men's, Women's - it doesn't matter. I have said in the past when they get to the upper optional levels DO NOT watch practice. Release moves on the high bar for boys are one thing, but release moves on Uneven Bars for girls are the scariest things ever. That low bar just seems to jump out and grab them. I remember years ago when the "big girls" were training big releases and they would miss and "splat"; the sound in the gym was like a gun shot. Some of the pre-team/training team parents almost had heart attacks; they said their dd's would never be doing that. Fast forward a few years - yep, they were the ones doing the "splat".

One of our boys smacked both feet doing his jaeger yesterday. We heard it through the glass in the lobby. He limped out of practice...poor guy

One of our boys smacked both feet doing his jaeger yesterday. We heard it through the glass in the lobby. He limped out of practice...poor guy
Ouch! I know some kids put knee pads on their heels when learning certain release moves.

How exciting for your guy to be working releases but sorry you had to see it!

DS does a Geinger. At banquet, his coach joked about how many times in practice he tried to catch the bar with his forearms. Lots of black and blues.

Yeah. D is still too far away for that, but I know it is coming...better his forearms than his face!

I've always been the relatively unstressed gym mom, maybe because I got used to my kid doing ridiculous things so early on. But yes, watching that would definitely do me in!

Yeah, my son is working hard on increasing difficulty. When I pick him up he shows or tells me all the bumps and bruises, and skin burns he has. He has gotten quite a few large skin burns on pbars, and hit his heels trying to catch a geinger recently. He is catching them more though, and getting new skills that I don't know what they are. First meet should be interesting - and it is a two day competition, individual day and then a team day.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back